Transporting jars

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David1976

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I'm looking for something to transport jars of honey to work for customers that will protect them from knocks.

I have seen polystyrene types for bottles bit haven't managed to find any smaller for jars.

Any recomendations? Ideally to take 6 at a time.

Thank you

I take honey into work regularly to sell .. I just use the cardboard box from Pattersons that the jars came in and add some bubble wrap between the jars to stop them rubbing ... a 12 jar box fits perfectly into the bottom of a Lidl Mega Bag (sadly, they don't sell them any more).

How about one of the bags the supermarkets sell for carrying 6 bottles of wine with dividers between the bottles.
I'm looking for one that has a bit more protection than cardboard, the cardboard is fine in the car but this is for rucksack on a motorbike.

I use Tesco wine boxes cut down to size. Perfect. I store jars of honey in the full size ones. Means I have to order loads of wine too!😀

How about a couple of these? Could probably get 3 jars in there with a bit of bubble wrap between them.

GIRAFEDA 20 Pack Wine Bottle Protector Reusable Bubble Wrap Inflatable Air Column Cushion Bag Bubble Wrap Wine Bags Wine Bottle Packaging with Free Pump for Safe Packaging and Transportation Amazon.co.uk

I'm looking for something to transport jars of honey to work for customers that will protect them from knocks.

I have seen polystyrene types for bottles bit haven't managed to find any smaller for jars.

Thank you
Have a look on fleabay, try searching for Jarsafe, there was a seller on there who sold polystyrene posting boxes which held six mugs - good enough if you use a bit of extra packing to stop any rattle, Thornes used to sell Jarsafes specifically made to transport honey jars, they are still featured on the website but are always 'out of stock'
I think they cost about a fiver each -I use them for transporting honey to shows

transport jars of honey
Would the customer keep the box?

If not, RUB boxes are ideal and will keep the jars clean and dry. Cardboard works until that day you get caught in a downpour.

I use 9 litre RUB boxes which take 18 x 227, 14 x 340 or 25 x 113 hex jars almost exactly.

The perimeter measurement of 6 of your jars could be matched to an RUB box from this list - it gives inner as well as outer dimensions.

Have a look on fleabay, try searching for Jarsafe, there was a seller on there who sold polystyrene posting boxes which held six mugs - good enough if you use a bit of extra packing to stop any rattle, Thornes used to sell Jarsafes specifically made to transport honey jars, they are still featured on the website but are always 'out of stock'
I think they cost about a fiver each -I use them for transporting honey to shows
This
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/14427965...vbIOruq3FWHK2wC003setZmFAI|tkp:Bk9SR87Pq9beYA

I collect bubble wrap from the supermarket veg trays.
It then gets one more use before recycling. The job gets done without more resources being used in creating disposable packaging.

And most importantly it's free.....

The hard card tubes that surround the nicer whisky bottles +/- a bit of bubble wrap might do the job. Only downside is you may have to buy some whisky!

Thank you
we use beercrates,a belgian beercrate has 24 spots,our jars fit perfectly in them,easy to stack too,if you need it smaller,adjust it.

Last edited:
I'm looking for one that has a bit more protection than cardboard, the cardboard is fine in the car but this is for rucksack on a motorbike.
sorry about the beercrate thing,so,in a rucksack/backpack,well,just quickly did an experiment,but it will depend on the diameter and hight of your jars,but i did cut off the top of a 1,5 liter plastic waterbottle and could easely slide 3 jars in,the bottle is rinkled so that's the protection sideways,just maibe some cuchening in between the jars,and y're good,depends ofcourse if you want it fancy or just practical.

My wife uses a fair bit of yoghurt from Aldi the big pots. They come in a plastic 6 pot carrier ideal for the 1lb jars. They have recently changed to cardboard

Latest posts

Back