trading standards :dupe:

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm guessing that will be the Honey Regulations 2003, which covers things like grades of honey (Bakers etc) and labelling. It would be interesting to hear if he has any views on the conditions under which the honey can be extracted and packed. I understand small scale production gets by under different rules to commercial production (farm gate sales?) but I haven't been able to find any reference to these rules.

As I understand it the different rules are mainly regarding selling the Honey yourself against selling through a shop etc.

If you sell your own produce to friends etc it can be very relaxed but if you supply shops etc you then need to think about weights/labels and clean extracting/bottling rooms.

Produce good nucs for winter, and plan to expand on them. Produce enough to cover losses, and times that by two to be safe. IE if you expect to lose 10% of a hundred put down 20 nucs to cover that loss. As you will likely lose some nucs too. But at the same time put down another 20 nucs to expand to 110 min. And so on.
PH

Does anyone remember the guy in the states who said you could go from 100 to 1000 hives in a single season using his method?

I don't remember that no but I can see it being possible over there in some regions.

I held a skep in Canada that was on a scale at 110lbs. Was a little shook cast in June and I tried to heft it in September.

Things over there are just plain different as I post ad nauseum.

It's called weather.

PH

Latest posts

Back