Today's delivery.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes they do Dulwich and in this thread I think it is mentioned that they are National?

PH

OK, my mistake, wrong question. Where can you buy Poly hives to fit National frames. All the ones I have seen are for Langs and a www search finds the same.

Mike.

If you start at the beginning of this thread the company is there? Jones.

My post#3

PH

If you start at the beginning of this thread the company is there? Jones.

My post#3

PH

Now I see the issue, I went there and could not find Poly hives on their site so was not able to check the sizes. I'll give them a call. Thanks Poly Hive.

Mike.

Hi Poly Hive, just phoned up to order a couple of Poly BBs but was told that I can't use wooden supers on them. Is it possible to adapt them to fit?

Cheers.

Mike.

Who told you that? The OD of a poly nat is 18" and or 460mm. They are directly compatible. I cannot believe you were told such nonsense. Do you know who you talked to? Pics coming.

PH

Last edited:
I took this ten minutes ago and it should show the tape over the Brood box and a poly super sitting neatly on a wooden one. They are totally compatible.

PH

Thanks, the photos explain it all. I will order a couple today and report back.

Just noticed that there is not a rail, does this cause any problems?

Mike.

Not to me nor the bees. I dinna bother with them. You can varnish the recess to propolis proof it.

PH

Do they provide better insulation against cold weather ?

Insulation is quoted in R Values.

Wood is about 1.5 per inch

Poly styrene is about 4 per inch

So yes they do.

Put it another way, you do not see many firdges of freezers insulated with wood!

Latest posts

Back