Tinkerbell effect...................

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murox

Queen Bee
Reaction score
This thread is the place for all your myths, half truths and overthought logic.
Its also a good place for mischief makers, trolls and self righteous indignant pompous luddites to add their two-pennyworth to as well.
Not forgetting those who like wearing sandals and those who hurl innuendo around seeking support.
Please use this thread instead of cluttering up others.

Bloody cyclists. Absolute menaces on the roads who should pay ‘road tax’ and be insured. Bit of trolling as my bee related purchases are a fraction of what I’ve spent on road bikes.

On yer bike Stephen.
You won't like me then as all my bikes are leccy ones.

Unlike my bees that fly under their own steam.

Nothing pisses me off more as when I’m slogging up some steep hill and a portly person comes past me on one of them electric bikes. Especially if they’re wearing Lycra. 😳

Nothing pisses me off more as when I’m slogging up some steep hill and a portly person comes past me on one of them electric bikes. Especially if they’re wearing Lycra. 😳
Thread re-opened ...

There should be a law banning Lycra being worn by anyone who weighs more than 8 stone and has a waist size bigger than 30" male or female .... anyone who looks in the mirror and sees anything that looks like an overstuffed sausage should give serious consideration to not going out ...

Thread closed again ...

Thread re-opened ...

There should be a law banning Lycra being worn by anyone who weighs more than 8 stone and has a waist size bigger than 30" male or female .... anyone who looks in the mirror and sees anything that looks like an overstuffed sausage should give serious consideration to not going out ...

Thread closed again ...
I think you need to be the new mod.. Any one else in favour?
Can we leave tinker Bell alone though, she is a tinker after all.

This thread is the place for all your myths, half truths and overthought logic.
Its also a good place for mischief makers, trolls and self righteous indignant pompous luddites to add their two-pennyworth to as well.
Not forgetting those who like wearing sandals and those who hurl innuendo around seeking support.
Please use this thread instead of cluttering up others.
Murrox how do you know what people are wearing on there feet?

TOWNIES... especially the ones that want a free swarm when I catch one.

:unsure:
Yes me......have my job :sneaky:
The service you perform and the way you do it are exemplary. You have brought knowledge and evenhandedness coupled with (com) passion and an earnest desire "to do the right thing"; not something most of us can do or say about ourselves.
This is just my opinion based upon the way I have experienced your moderation.

The service you perform and the way you do it are exemplary. You have brought knowledge and evenhandedness coupled with (com) passion and an earnest desire "to do the right thing"; not something most of us can do or say about ourselves.
This is just my opinion based upon the way I have experienced your moderation.
I’ve left the brown envelope under your doormat.

We have a lot of cycle paths due to being in the national forest and I spend a lot of time driving down narrow country roads.
The cyclists that really wind me up are the idiots with the super bright torches on their bloody heads. They look at the traffic and blind the drivers approaching the damn junction or coming towards them. Last time one of those idiots did it to me I had to pull over for 5 minutes because I couldn't see.
I ride bikes with and without engines but those idiots take the biscuit, should be banned from wearing them.
You'll never meet a more ignorant road user than a cyclist and don't get me started on the hired bike riders on the road that can't even go in a straight line.

Townies.
I have bees on a field headland. There is a footpath that goes around the other 3 sides of the field but that's obviously too far to walk so people take a shortcut and walk in front of the hives. Inevitably some have been stung and their dogs. Complaints were raised but dropped when it was pointed out they were trespassing by the landowner. Some decided to vandalise the hives as revenge wasn't too much of an issue I moved the nastiest bees I have there and strapped the hives to the stand.
So later in the season instead of following the bloody path they walked through the middle of the crops, ended up with a 30ft wide path straight through the farmers crops, the farmer annoyed as to be expected put signs up but they were thrown in the hedge.
The bees won't be there next season which is a shame as the local allotment owners have had a bumper crop and told me they see the bees all over their allotments.

Latest posts

Back