The Harry Johnson Trust

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mazzamazda

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Just a heads up for an amazing beekeeping collection who belonged to Robert C Young who was editor of Beecraft, going up on Ebay at the moment, proceeds to The Harry Johnson Trust who was a little fella aged 7 who died from cancer in 2014, his Mum set up the charity and 100% of the money goes to children in the same position. I have bought a few and there are around 100 more books.

https://www.theharryjohnsontrust.co.uk/

Some are here the rest are going on soon, Sally has a list and prices from a valuation.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/thjtrust/m.html?item=192436080180&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this up Mark, a very worthwhile charity, even more poignant when children are involved. I think we all know someone touched by the unmentionable "big c"
Ive already bought one book, a bargain . Cant wait to see other as their posted. remembering also that all proceeds are going to a very worthy cause, and you get a great bee book! whats not to like!!

:thanks:

Looks like Robert C Young was someone who liked to add name stickers to all his books, cover and inside. I'm surprised that a magazine editor would devalue his books by doing this.
But still.... a good price for Pollen loads of the Honey bee by Hodges....even though it is a third edition. At £40 might have to have a bid on that one and hope the stickers can be easily removed.

2 1st Editions....large green gods appear. Let me know if you ever run into hard times and wish to exchange one for lots of drinking vouchers.

That is a mad price - even for that tome. It's a pity that Leslie Bailey's books didn't make more probably due to the fact they piled them all into one lot rather than separately. I was tempted to buy them then resell the ones I didn't want, I lost out by a fiver at £165.00 sorry I didn't push on now but then I was saving my pennies for Eva Cranes book :D

Last edited:
Absolutely.
The 2nd editions usually sell for around £80....seems someone wanted this one badly.

Latest posts

Back