Test frame now with two small QC’s

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there still time to get a virgin queen hatched mated and laying before autumn
Depends on wasps, weather and luck.

Wasps can overpower a weak nuc.

Yes imo I’ve just made mini nucs up with virgin queens, there are still loads of drones about and drone brood in some colony’s still
They’ve got three QC’s so I’ll leave them for a month. If not mated I’ll unite them in September

It's mid August for crying out loud - it's from now on that the majority of supersedures take place
Is it? They still have to emerge and go out and mate no? Have your colony’s started kicking drones out yet?
I still stand with what I’ve said to Gary.
When is the latest time you have done any queen rearing in the season?🤷‍♂️🤔

Is it? They still have to emerge and go out and mate no?
Have your colony’s started kicking drones out yet?
are you being serious?
When is the latest time you have done any queen rearing in the season?
And a good tip would be to remember what you posted only a few hours ago
I’ve just made mini nucs up with virgin queens, there are still loads of drones about and drone brood in some colony’s still

And ?
I’ve just inspected twenty four colony’s and 18 of them in single brood have drones and drone brood some even still filling supers.
One nuc superseding on the second site out of 8
Third apiary with 6 colony’s three doubles and three singles all have drones and drone brood.
Mating apiary with 10 mini nucs 4 have virgins and 6 are mated just over the last few days.
The one superseding has three cells and I will take two of them shortly to put in the incubator, and no they are not going to swarm.
Apiarys in Herefordshire will get inspected over t next few days.

So for me on the hill strong colony’s are still producing drones, I have know dowt that the others will be similar in Herefordshire.

did you actually ready my post? or just decided to contradict yourself for the sake of it? - what I implied (ie - indicate the truth or existence of [something] by suggestion rather than explicit reference) was that, there's plenty of time for queen matings as we are approaching the season when many supersedures take place

did you actually ready my post? or just decided to contradict yourself for the sake of it? - what I implied (ie - indicate the truth or existence of [something] by suggestion rather than explicit reference) was that, there's plenty of time for queen matings as we are approaching the season when many supersedures take place
Don’t think I did see that post. I always take heed of your advice 😉

Latest posts

Back