T'****s sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Order in before 10 am on Monday, confirmation email received at 12 and still no sign of my stuff. Pretty **** poor service!!
I won't be rushing to order from their online sales in future.

I think that's quite unfair, it is probably their busiest week of the year and to not have an order within 4 days is hardly terrible service. Have you any experience in online retailing? It can be quite literally bananas going on behind the scenes when there is a massive increase in sales. Besides, it's January, where's the rush?

I think that's quite unfair, it is probably their busiest week of the year and to not have an order within 4 days is hardly terrible service. Have you any experience in online retailing? It can be quite literally bananas going on behind the scenes when there is a massive increase in sales. Besides, it's January, where's the rush?

:iagree::iagree:
I ordered on Monday too and will be grateful if I get it by end of next week - this is the biggest beekeeping sale of the year I believe and I'm sure it is manic there at the minute. What's the hurry - prices were good and I'll not be using the stuff for a couple of months yet

:iagree:
Allways good service from these guys!!!.

I ordered 21 Packs of DN4 and 21 packs of SN1 50 frames in each pack, total cost £1155. Im in no hurry to get them, they will be here when the posite deliveries them.

Had very prompt service from other online retailers during sales, thanks.

Thºrnes, being the biggest, seem to have the biggest sale, and the biggest 'spike' at the start of the sale.
Its a wonder that they still manage to provide personal service (like order alterations) during the sale.

If you should ever happen to go the opening of H@rrods Sale, you'll have a very different "retail experience" as compared to shopping there on a normal weekday morning!

Kudos to T's for realising that the scrummage at the start of their branch sales was getting out of hand, and introducing pre-reservation of the lines that they had in reasonable quantity, to calm the buying fever.

// I wonder whether they will be considering trying the 'old school' retail sale tactic of having (apart from a few headliners in the shop window) mostly small reductions at the start of the sale, with "further reductions" as time passes and some lines aren't being cleared fast enough?
That would smooth the demand, and probably financially work in favour of the retailer rather than the customer.

Always had good service from Thornes. And Paynes for that matter!

I ordered 21 Packs of DN4 and 21 packs of SN1 50 frames in each pack, total cost £1155. Im in no hurry to get them, they will be here when the posite deliveries them.

do they supply the elves for assembly?

I placed an order over the phone because their website was over busy. The man said to expect a two week delivery period so that is what I am expecting. I suppose they can't explane that on the web

Latest posts

Back