T e francis painter

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REDWOOD

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I have two plate prints of Lincoln and Boston by T E Francis and was wondering if they are worth anything as I can't find anything on the web only water colours and oil paintings ,

Thomas Edward Francis?
Thomas Edward Francis, 1873-1961, was a London landscape painter and an habitual traveler. ......

Nothing about plates, but there's something about him about half way down this page http://kevindaniel.x10.mx/uk.html

or

THOMAS EDWARD FRANCIS (fl. c.1880-1940) #40 on this page. http://www.brightwells.com/AntiquesAndFineArt/Results.aspx?aid=7089b6a2-3885-4e82-84df-38dba4b7a7cf

I don't know if they're the same person, but you might recognise the styleand it'll help you get started.

Thanks of that, Still don't know what to do with them, I might put them on ebay and hope for the best

I might put them on ebay and hope for the best

If you describe them well including the artists name people with any interst should find them OK.

A start price that you would be happy with and let them get on with it. ie Don't just put them up for 99p!
If they are worth much you often get watchers very quickly.....
Collectors of "stuff" search for names and info that means nothing to the rest of us so just describe as fully as you can.

Personally I would put them up singly rather than as a pair...... In my experience you get more that way

If they are anything "special" you will get emails and offers (for the pair) pretty quickly.....

Last edited:
Or you could take them to your nearest saleroom and see if they'll value them for you?

Failing that have you an art gallery/museum nearby where you could find out a bit more about the artist?

You are very right, someone should know if they have any value or not, but I suspect that those people are probably not beekeepers. I don't suppose that your average artist has the first clue about the value of a pound of honey either.

It seems a fairly logical step to ask those that you really expect will know the answer, but i do understand that the winter is still with us, we all have time on our hands and maybe the conversation is getting thin....

Latest posts

Back