Switches

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SixFooter

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
One of the things I wonder about , apart from why Hozelock continue to be successful with rubbish products and why old aged pensioners and housewives who can go shopping at any time, choose to go at lunch time when the workers have to go, is why with some switches up is on, but most up is off. e.g consumer unit rcds and my water boiler. Is there a good reason or did some one have a whim ?
Not a rant ( well, apart from the shopping and the Hozelock thing) Just curious.

One of the things I wonder about , apart from why Hozelock continue to be successful with rubbish products and why old aged pensioners and housewives who can go shopping at any time, choose to go at lunch time when the workers have to go, is why with some switches up is on, but most up is off. e.g consumer unit rcds and my water boiler. Is there a good reason or did some one have a whim ?
You mean the tag or lever being up=on for most consumer units? If you catch a tag on your sleeve etc then it's more likely to flick down and off which is usually a safer option than flicking it on.

On the other hand, rocker switches on sockets and some light switches have a red or 'on' section that shows when they are on and is visible from above where most operators eye line would be. You could think of a rocker revealing the hidden portion as down=on, but rockers could be seen as having the most prominent part out at the top when on.

Kettles on the other hand, I can't see any consistent position And why pensioners shop on Saturdays is another baffler.

why old aged pensioners and housewives who can go shopping at any time, choose to go at lunch time when the workers have to go, Just curious.
(edited)

Speaking as a pensioner, you've got to do something to amuse yourself :rolleyes: People forgive you things when your old, you can walk round in old slippers and with your flies open (apart from when you inspect your hives) push into queue's in the supermarket and no-one says a word to you because your old, when you get to the checkout, pretend to be stone deaf and get people shouting at you even when you speak to then in a normal voice and finally when paying for your stuff, get out that old mans purse which you rattle about for a few minutes before counting out the exact ammount right down to the last penny, I havn't had so much fun since I was a kid :hurray::hurray::hurray:

CD

(edited)

Speaking as a pensioner, you've got to do something to amuse yourself :rolleyes: People forgive you things when your old, you can walk round in old slippers and with your flies open (apart from when you inspect your hives)
I DO THAT NOW

push into queue's in the supermarket and no-one says a word to you because your old,
WRONG. I WOULD ASK IF YOU LIKED FISH.

when you get to the checkout, pretend to be stone deaf and get people shouting at you even when you speak to then in a normal voice and finally when paying for your stuff, get out that old mans purse which you rattle about for a few minutes before counting out the exact ammount right down to the last penny, I havn't had so much fun since I was a kid :hurray::hurray::hurray:
PAY FOR IT AS YOU LIKE. IT'S YOUR PREROGATIVE.

CD

See answers in caps above...

(edited)

speaking as a pensioner, you've got to do something to amuse yourself :rolleyes: People forgive you things when your old, you can walk round in old slippers and with your flies open (apart from when you inspect your hives) push into queue's in the supermarket and no-one says a word to you because your old, when you get to the checkout, pretend to be stone deaf and get people shouting at you even when you speak to then in a normal voice and finally when paying for your stuff, get out that old mans purse which you rattle about for a few minutes before counting out the exact ammount right down to the last penny, i havn't had so much fun since i was a kid :hurray::hurray::hurray:

Cd

i knew it!!!!!

(edited)

Speaking as a pensioner, you've got to do something to amuse yourself :rolleyes: People forgive you things when your old, you can walk round in old slippers and with your flies open (apart from when you inspect your hives) push into queue's in the supermarket and no-one says a word to you because your old, when you get to the checkout, pretend to be stone deaf and get people shouting at you even when you speak to then in a normal voice and finally when paying for your stuff, get out that old mans purse which you rattle about for a few minutes before counting out the exact ammount right down to the last penny, I havn't had so much fun since I was a kid :hurray::hurray::hurray:

CD

As I am just about to become an OAP, I thought that life might start at 65. Now I know it will. You forget to add:
people give you money off as they think you're poor/mean (delete as applicable), grumpy and of course you can be as un PC as you like and get away with it. as people think you are gaga:)

You can also be as rude as you like to cold callers.. and NO_ONE CARES...

As for going shopping at lunch time well simples.

We have only got up.

We have got up hours ago but only got dressed.

Supermarkets sell cheap hot meals

Supermarkets sell food off cheap once priced up in the morning and we need to buy it for lunch.

Supermarkets are a form of entertainment.

We need the human company.

We just want to annoy the workers who have to shop at lunch time by standing in the queue counting out the exact change in 2ps and fumble around in our purse to find them.

Home And Away does not start until 1.45pm.

Last edited:
1)Don't forget that in the case of some switches, like two way switches, ie stair lights which can be switched from upstirs and downstairs, one of them will always be the "wrong way round".

In the US, light switches all seem to be opposite to ours.

2) Pensioners should only be allowed in shops, banks, Post Offices, etc between the hours of 1 and 5am.

Light switches here are all the wrong way up, too.
And the French drive on the wrong side of the road - as do many other foreigners, I'm told.
:rolleyes:

1)Don't forget that in the case of some switches, like two way switches, ie stair lights which can be switched from upstirs and downstairs, one of them will always be the "wrong way round".
Not necessarily, being pedantic it is possible to get them both in the right position!! That's my OCD coming in!
E:laughing-smiley-014

I trust that you are maintaining standards by insisting on driving on the correct side, Luminos.

Dusty
It isn't really a problem, since most of the drivers near me are
a) old
and b) drunk
...so they have no idea whether I'm on the right side or the left side anyway
:D

Thanks all. Next time an AOP is effin about in a supermarket at lunch time, I'll now know he is doing it deliberately and it will be funny and not annoying

Thanks all. Next time an AOP is effin about in a supermarket at lunch time, I'll now know he is doing it deliberately and it will be funny and not annoying

No ! NOT when they are loading all the 5kg bags of sugar into their trolley before I can get to it !!!:biggrinjester:

Latest posts

Back