Swarmed...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luminos

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
WBC
Number of Hives
Less than 100. Er, 6, actually...
Spent this morning collecting a swarm from one of my hives...bees flew out and landed conveniently close, in a small amelanchier shrub.
They're now in a nuc box and I hope to hive them this evening...:rolleyes:

Spent this morning collecting a swarm from one of my hives...bees flew out and landed conveniently close, in a small amelanchier shrub.

You could probably do good business selling them in England!
E

Aquitaine , Limousin , Poitou - Charente next !
Awaiting with anticipation .

Natural beekeeper . Swarming is part of the process .

Lots of people disagree with this approach but we had a big discussion about not treating for varroa last year , the doom mongers said they were not going to survive , but they are really doing well , large numbers working flat out , supers on and being filled so from my side the approach works .

Lots of people disagree with this approach but we had a big discussion about not treating for varroa last year , the doom mongers said they were not going to survive , but they are really doing well , large numbers working flat out , supers on and being filled so from my side the approach works .

yeh.. swarming is natural..........so is the fact that people get scared shitless when that swarm lands in their garden....or school...

yeh.. swarming is natural..........so is the fact that people get scared shitless when that swarm lands in their garden....or school...

Luckily we have no neighbours for miles so we can get away with it . One good pleasure of the French countryside .

Now then! No one likes a show off - swarms indeed - where do you think you are, France? Oh!
We had one good day here in the last week and I managed to combine one very weak and Q- colony with another that was not much stronger but at least the Q was laying. It's back to mist and drizzle here and the only thing I did in the Apiary today was get wet!
I too hope to be chasing swarms in the not too distant future! Those were the days!:hairpull:

My first colony did not survive varroa....

is that the 21st Century/Easyjet equivalent of Balham/Streatham Hill ?

is that the 21st Century/Easyjet equivalent of Balham/Streatham Hill ?

Eurotunnel / Citroen - Easyjet would not let me take the new hives on as carry-on baggage .

The Grand tour last for 25 weeks of the year and no more than 90 days or President Holland will have my k*******. The bees just get on with it .

The Grand tour last for 25 weeks of the year and no more than 90 days or President Holland will have my k*******. The bees just get on with it .

vraiment un grand riposte.......

thank you cjh, I enjoyed that!

Latest posts

Back