Swarm Attractants

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunbury

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I bought some tubes of attractants. Instructions said do not spread onto Poly hive but spread onto tops of frames. obviously overspill found its way to the floor of my poly nuc box sitting on top of garage roof. I found that some poly had holes 1/2 inch deep from this attractant. A few drops were outside on the garage roof of triplewall polycarbonate and even these caused disolved holes!
Just what is this stuff: sulphuric acid?!!!

I once saw a film called "China syndrome" - a nucleur power plant in Calif. goes into meltdown and could just keep on going until it reaches China.

looks like you've got something similar!

Probable nothing more than nail varnish remover!

I will stick to Grandfather's secret recipe bait sausage !!

If the liquid comes in those little plastic vials with a pointy end you are better off just piercing the lid with a needle and taping it upright inside the hive - that will give off enough scent and will last a month or so

A few years ago, I eventually received my swarm lures from a supplier off flea bay, and they were not that good. Didn't smell like lemon grass one bit!

I once saw a film called "China syndrome" - a nucleur power plant in Calif. goes into meltdown and could just keep on going until it reaches China.

looks like you've got something similar!

Or the film "Alien" the saliva ate it's way through several decks of a space ship

Latest posts

Back