Swallows Arrived

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They've been here a few weeks now. Swifts in Lampeter this morning. Now that does mean summer is round the corner. Just remains to be seen what sort of summer ;)
Mind you. Stan is in his shorts mowing the lawn so spring is here at least

Yep, swallows here, too, about two weeks ago, but no swifts here yet - they must have swerved round me to get to you ericA! Now, swifts is summer. :sunning:
House martins seemed to be a little late this year, but are getting down to it now.

Should have worn me glasses... Two swifts seen today - Summer is officially here! :sunning:

It just goes to show how far behind we are the further North we get.

I think that's normally how it works isn't it?

Swifts here in North Wales too!

I think that's normally how it works isn't it?

Swifts here in North Wales too!

Swifts here according to my bird watching mate, however, it normally works that the further north you are the further behind. I am in the north east coast and I no for a fact further north and west are ahead of here. we are a good 3 to 4 weeks behind south England and Wales. This evens out as summer advances.

Swallows just checked my barn out. First time this year.
E

Not Swallows but Sand Martins, seen at Dyffryn Crawnon near Llangynidr. Also had the pleasure of spotting a male Redstart in the hedgerow, what a treat.

:offtopic:But we have Redpolls coming the nyger seed this year, a first.

Apparently 2 pairs.

I've never seen one. Stan spotted one in the hedge along our drive.....we had to look it up in the bird book :)

Snap, we had to dig out the books as well. I think that we are odd in that we have reference library of bird, garden, insect and cookery books, maybe it's an age thing.

First cuckoo of the year for me, yesterday, just south of Llanmadoc Hill, west Gower.

Latest posts

Back