Suppliers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daroco

House Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Does anyone else have difficulty in getting responses from suppliers? I'm looking to fit an extraction line and getting various companies to give me dimensions is proving far more challenging than I would expect considering there's £30k of potential business for them.

Have you sorted out an extraction line?

Yeah all sorted now - due to arrive shortly. Actually worked out cheaper purchasing the individual elements of the line rather than an all in one like I was initially planning.

Just out of interest, which supplier did you go for? I’ve just
Taken delivery of some Konigin kit.

Lyson - via Abelo. In the end they were the easiest to deal with. Was getting increasingly fed up of speaking to sales people that couldn't give me dimensions and didn't return emails.

Pleased with your kit?

Taken delivery of some Konigin kit.

I bought a Konigin 24 frame swing basket extractor a couple of months ago, but most of my extracting equipment is Lyson, will still keep the large Lyson radial extractor alongside the Konigin machine.

Yes I am. I opted for the 48 frame extracting line with a heated sump. It came off the delivery lorry today. I use commercial supers with Manley frames and put a few in the extractor to check the fit and am quite happy. It came with the 200kg screw press. I will post a few pictures when I can.

I opted for the line to speed up extractor load time, (i’ve A 24 frame Euromel and carousel as a backup). I have a pneumatic ram option so an air compressor can be used to push frames into the extractor and make life easier.

The bit to come is a 300L jacketed tank with a blender, should arrive in the next 3/4 weeks. The idea is to pump honey into the blender and homogenise it before running into buckets. 300L is about 30 buckets.

The line comes with a four year warranty so hopefully I’ve got all my bases covered.

Last edited:
I bought a Konigin 24 frame swing basket extractor a couple of months ago, but most of my extracting equipment is Lyson, will still keep the large Lyson radial extractor alongside the Konigin machine.

Pete, is your Lyson extractor a premium line one?

Have you used the swing basket machine with needles heather combs yet? If so how did it go Pete?
I'm looking at those machines, what's the diameter of the 24 frame unit?

Ceri, heather honey extracting is the main reason I bought it, the size is a little over 4', 125cm, runs nice and looks to be reasonably well made, not used it for heather yet, but am sure it will be a lot quicker than using screens in the Lyson machine.

I still prefer the quality of the Lyson machines, but the equivalent of this Konigin machine from Lyson is more than double the price.

I also reckon the cost of these Konigin machines will zoom up as they sell more here, same as Lyson equipment has.

Yes I am. I opted for the 48 frame extracting line with a heated sump. It came off the delivery lorry today. I use commercial supers with Manley frames and put a few in the extractor to check the fit and am quite happy. .

Did you have to get a special cage made for the Manley frames? The Konigin 20 frame extractor via Thornes seems to take every frame size except Manleys.

It's a vertical extractor with a different cage design will post a picture tomorrow.

Equipment all installed last week - first big run of honey yesterday and found the next pinch point - filtering. Any suggestions as to a way I can speed this up?

Back