Supercedure and swarm cells at the same time

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Need to find a way to show something I am quoting from an outside source isn’t attributed to me… however it does go to show how easily incorrect info can be reused and republished multiple times.

me three
In future @Markthebuilder if you highlight the piece you want to 'quote' then on the toolbar,click on the down arrow by the three dots (next to the smileys icon) there is a "quote option which will put the highlighted area in a quote box on your post

And a much wiser move.
Seems the OP just went and did whatever he wanted anyway, regardless of advice.
Yes I did. And here we are with two bouncing strong hives that provided me with around 30lbs of honey and have come through the winter very well indeed .Looking forward to a good spring.

Yes I did. And here we are with two bouncing strong hives that provided me with around 30lbs of honey and have come through the winter very well indeed .Looking forward to a good spring.
That’s brilliant. Bees have a way of surviving what we do to them.

I love a beekeeper that can hold a grudge for the best part of a year :) Great stuff.

That’s brilliant. Bees have a way of surviving what we do to them.

BOOM! Immediate passive-aggressive comeback, straight to the chin.

You can't beat this forum.

Is that 30lbs total or each colony?

Glad to hear they survived the winter too.

Bees have a way of surviving what we do to them.
Or (as in this case) thriving because of what was done with them.

I like a beekeeper who ploughs their own furrow, so well done OH, to have made your own decisions and learnt from your own actions.

Good to see you on the ball. But you misunderstood.
I’ve done dreadful stuff to my bees and they have surprised me. It’s encouraging that they do so BOOM back!

Good to see you on the ball. But you misunderstood.
I’ve done dreadful stuff to my bees and they have surprised me. It’s encouraging that they do so BOOM back!

Fear not, I understood you perfectly.

You were, as you now confirm, expressing delight at the fact that the bees had done well (passive) while clearly implying that this was despite OH Honey having sabotaged them (aggressive)

I love a beekeeper that can hold a grudge for the best part of a year :) Great stuff.

So I was reading the renegade beekeeper thread, which put me in mind of some of the negativity I got last year. I also wanted to reread the thread as a reminder of what I did and what I was told not to do. This forum is full of knowledgeable people who " know what they like and like what they know". They also, judging by the tone of some posts, don't get out enough. I read and digested the comments, some of which were useful , and did say how I'd get on. Well after that dreadful spring, it was an easy technique that increased my stock, provided a total of 30lbs of honey by September, and after feeding up and treating for varroa has left me 2 strong colonies. What's not to like for a new backyard beekeeper?

So I was reading the renegade beekeeper thread, which put me in mind of some of the negativity I got last year. I also wanted to reread the thread as a reminder of what I did and what I was told not to do. This forum is full of knowledgeable people who " know what they like and like what they know". They also, judging by the tone of some posts, don't get out enough. I read and digested the comments, some of which were useful , and did say how I'd get on. Well after that dreadful spring, it was an easy technique that increased my stock, provided a total of 30lbs of honey by September, and after feeding up and treating for varroa has left me 2 strong colonies. What's not to like for a new backyard beekeeper?

Nothing at all! (y)

Fear not, I understood you perfectly.

You were, as you now confirm, expressing delight at the fact that the bees had done well (passive) while clearly implying that this was despite OH Honey having sabotaged them (aggressive)
Well it’s not what I intended. If that’s what OP has taken from it then I apologise

Is that 30lbs total or each colony?

Glad to hear they survived the winter too.
30lbs total, collected first week of September followed by apiguard and feeding. They're in Abelo poly hives so toasty warm, and only disturbed bo OA treatment in January. Plenty of activity, quick check a few weeks ago showed brood and stores, so will leave until warmer spell next week

Latest posts

Back