Sunday Run out in North Yorkshire

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Beefriendly

Was just South of York today after visiting friends so decided to pop into Abelos on the way home for a few more bits and pieces to find they had an open weekend with free drinks and biscuits. Nearly cost me over a grand. Oh the honey creamer is to die for! (it's the heated jacked one if you visit!!)......but I was strong (read as skint)........ If you need an excuse for a trip out somewhere beekeeping related on Sunday and live in Yorkshire they are doing the same again. Some lovely expensive looking equipment to drool over......and no I have no affiliation with Abelo apart from they look after a lot of my money :)
Can't remember new premise address but it should be on their website....it's just a sat nav entry for me.

I spend a lot of time in North Yorkshire (the Leyburn Area) i have been there all day and i will be there for the next three days, it has cracking countryside and a lot of well kept Heather moorland which i have access to if i feel the need.

Pop over to Wynyard hall farmers market tomorrow and I'll sell you some of my honey :) Or give you some......oops blatant advertisement ;)

Pop over to Wynyard hall farmers market tomorrow and I'll sell you some of my honey :) Or give you some......oops blatant advertisement ;)
I give mine away so i will be Damned if i buy any.. :D .. i pass Wynyard hall just about every day but i never have time to pass in, not that i want to really as it is full of folk up there own excreta area so to say politely.. lol , child molesters and rapists (footballers and managers) buy them big houses i helped to build on that once great woodland, that got destroyed and continues to be destroyed by John Fooking Hall.

I take it that means you are not coming?
Perhaps venture further south and part with some brass whilst supping free drinks and nibbles.

Last edited:
Was just South of York today after visiting friends so decided to pop into Abelos on the way home for a few more bits and pieces to find they had an open weekend with free drinks and biscuits. Nearly cost me over a grand. Oh the honey creamer is to die for! (it's the heated jacked one if you visit!!)......but I was strong (read as skint)........ If you need an excuse for a trip out somewhere beekeeping related on Sunday and live in Yorkshire they are doing the same again. Some lovely expensive looking equipment to drool over......and no I have no affiliation with Abelo apart from they look after a lot of my money :)
Can't remember new premise address but it should be on their website....it's just a sat nav entry for me.

I had planned to have a cursory check of my colonies this morning but the wind got up, it threatened to rain (it's just made its mind up and it's coming down now) and I drove over to Pocklington instead to have a look at Abelo's open day.
Ended up coming home with a couple of packs of SN4 seconds, a couple of queen excluders and a polyhive complete with 2 supers.
Lincoln bee auction next Saturday :)

Latest posts

Back