Sunday On Willow

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Co / Durham / Co Cleveland and Northumberland
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
17 nucs....
I took these pictures on Sunday it was a beautiful sunny warm day, the willow wood near the hive was alive with bees of all kinds which could be heard from a distance even before getting into the marsh land, they where interested in two types of flower which i gather where male and female flowers.
They have still been gathering from the wood up to today but the weather turned rubbish and wet after Sunday so the amount of flying bees have slowed down, i did give them more Fondant on Sunday as it was warm enough to pull the cosy of, just as well really with the weather we have in store.
Here is one or two pictures.

bees%20on%20willow%20080_zpsuceyvoa7.jpg

bees%20on%20willow%20066_zps2f9wouew.jpg

bees%20on%20willow%20017_zpspk4fzttc.jpg

bees%20on%20willow%20058_zpsogdot55s.jpg

bees%20on%20willow%20005_zpscpah83hq.jpg

bees%20on%20willow%20046_zpszqgert3z.jpg

Lovely pictures! willow in full flower round here too,shame it's too cold for the bees to get out to it:banghead:

What a talent....the photos are just lovely....I'm beginning to be a junkie for them!

What a talent....the photos are just lovely....I'm beginning to be a junkie for them!
Thank you but believe it or not the lens i use is damaged after it was accidentally dropped last year the camera is also goosed, new equipment would give a much better picture.

Latest posts

Back