Sugar Tax

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about this for an idea, compulsory registration of all obese people, encourage them to drink more of these sugary drinks, and eat as much junk food as possible, but then they get called up once a month to have the fat sucked out of them, to be turned into bio diesel, thus helping with the worlds fuel supply... this may encourage some to cut out the sugary drinks and junk food, or just eating for the sake of it. Employ a few obese people and get help with the fuel costs of running a truck etc.

There is a huge resource here, a walking oil field.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...liposuction-pass-Pentagons-body-fat-test.html

https://www.healthtap.com/user_ques...t-lipo-what-happens-if-you-overeat-after-that

Careful now HM or you'll have the hand wringers PM'ing admin again demanding to be removed from the forum due to you fascist neo nazi anti pikey rantings! :adminpower:

Careful now HM or you'll have the hand wringers PM'ing admin again demanding to be removed from the forum due to you fascist neo nazi anti pikey rantings! :adminpower:

Good heavens, Emyr, i am not suggesting some draconian method of doing a one off crush and strain job, this idea would be run similar to many forestry projects, and self sustainable through natural regeneration, so we would be continually tapping into the oil resource, long term.

Similar to re using honey combs for many years, extract and re fill...extract...

Last edited:
If sugar was taxed (and lard, and Salt ) for
1) i would not have a sugary lard ar*e, diabetes and many like me might not either
2) would the tax apply to honey? - sweetner for the poor in the past. Maybe boomtimes ahead

Tax is not the answer, it has not stopped smokers killing themselves
Just buy bigger beesuits ! (i know - irresponsible )

And Redwood ! what beer are you drinking thats got added sugar ?

The answer to obesity is an obesity tax. Every time you enter a food shop - of whatever description - you are automatically weighed and height measured.All those with a BMI of over 24 pay £1 to enter. Those with a BMI of 30 or over pay £15..

And the fee for shopping for a fattie is £100.

That'll solve the problem.. and reduce the budget deficit.

(My OBE is in the post -- that's Obese for the British Empire..)

not after topping up the phone card/s.

I was watching prog about couple and the wife said that the only money they got was from husbands state pension......£116 per week.......utter rubbish.

A quite elderly couple in the post office yesterday collected over £900..

When people say they cant afford the heating what they really mean is that they think they wont be able to afford it and dont turn it on.

The quite elderly couple must have been ex Maggie's malingerers ! The DLA continues into old age, including free cars .
It's the pensioners having worked 50 years who are the new poor!
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's the pensioners having worked 50 years who are the new poor!

A lot of them werent able to pay into a pension like many did in the days when we had industry. People now have to skip from one job to another.

Civil servants, nurses etc were historically paid lowish wages because they got a good pension.. Part of what you pay in council tax credit now goes towards toppng up civil servants final salary pensions because of the shortfall.
There's nothing to say that a wife has to work. When the husband retires and he only has his state pension, he gets an allowance for his wife is she has no income. About £85 a week. The government says a couple needs somewhere just over £200 a week to live on after they have paid rent and council tax.

I worked down a mine for 2.5 years, Royal Air Force for 5 years air craft industry for 42.5 years . No pension scheme available ,junior management weren't considered suitable . My wife worked and paid the full stamp except when the children were small, these small breaks reduced her state pension by a fair amount . She was only eligible to buy a few stamps to make up a little. Now women having paid nowt into the system are granted a full pension ( not her I may add)
Whilst buying our house the interest rates rose to 15.25 % , savers were getting a good return . Now having paid off our mortgage , and having had a little money to save. Not enough return to keep up with inflation!

Not even a penny off council tax
Like I said . It's the ones who worked and paid in who are the new poor .
Even SERPS has been frozen .
Great ain't it?
VM

I was number crunching the other day on the the pension credit site and the Housing Benefit site.
They now say they dont give council tax benefit..but they do give council tax reductions.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A single male over 65 with only income state pension @ £116 p/w
Paying:-
Rent £85 p/w
Council tax £1200 pa.

would get

Pension Credit £29.82 per week
Housing Benefit £85.00 per week
Council Tax reduction of £23.08 per week

That = a total weekly income £253.90 per week.
After rent and council tax they finish with about £140.

For a couple with no income for the wife it goes up about another £80

For the last I dont know how many years I kept getting letters saying that there was a shortfall of my NI contributions and it would mean I wouldnt get the full pension....I could if I wish pay the extra. I didnt..It was only a few. I got my pension forecast the other week, The shortfall was about £1.50 per week and they have made it up to the minimum anyway.

Good heavens, Emyr, i am not suggesting some draconian method of doing a one off crush and strain job, this idea would be run similar to many forestry projects, and self sustainable through natural regeneration, so we would be continually tapping into the oil resource, long term.

Similar to re using honey combs for many years, extract and re fill...extract...

And after they turn their toes - compulsory cremation - keep a couple of coal fired power stations open, slightly modified (put a cross over the entrance) and their remaining lard could light the nation!!

And after they turn their toes - compulsory cremation - keep a couple of coal fired power stations open, slightly modified (put a cross over the entrance) and their remaining lard could light the nation!!

........and maybe help reduce the number of them windmills that keep sprouting up all over the place:D

........and maybe help reduce the number of them windmills that keep sprouting up all over the place:D

They could put pedals on the windmills and use them as exercise weight loss machines,

We've got people in Norfolk complaining about fields full of solar panels, that they cant see from anywhere other than from the air or climbing a tree, but it spoils their view.....when they go for ther annual walk.

Last edited:
We've got people in Norfolk complaining about fields full of solar panels, that they cant see from anywhere other than from the air or climbing a tree, but it spoils their view.....when they go for ther annual walk.
Four fields next to my apiary have just been transformed into a solar farm, rented for £1200 an acre per annum with the ability of sheep grazing between each panel

Oops can't do that it would risk offending other than Christian religions :(
VM

Coca-Cola

Carbonated water
Sugar (sucrose or high-fructose corn syrup depending on country of origin)
Caffeine
Phosphoric acid
Caramel color (E150d)
Natural flavorings

When launched, Coca-Cola's two key ingredients were cocaine and caffeine. The cocaine was derived from the coca leaf and the caffeine from kola nut, leading to the name Coca-Cola (the "K" in Kola was replaced with a "C" for marketing purposes).

Oops can't do that it would risk offending other than Christian religions :(
VM

Sorry! when I said lard, what I actually meant was Kosher/ halal no hint of beef dripping body blubber

Latest posts

Back