Sugar: Bookers price today and another source.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
Best price at Bookers today was 66p a kilo for a pack of fifteen bags.

Went to see another C&C Fresh Islands Foods, and they are in Derby, Sheffield and Leeds, will deliver around 60 miles of their depots.

http://www.freshislandfoods.co.uk/

Sugar there was: 70p but allowing for fuel.... it may work out for you esp if you club together for an order.

PH

Got mine from Bookers last autumn at 53p per kilo. Pays to anticipate!!!!

Got mine from Bookers last autumn at 53p per kilo. Pays to anticipate!!!!

Still only 54p a kg from bookers if you lash out and buy 10 kg more, ie a 25kg bag instead of 15kg. And they deliver for free as well.

25kg bag today was costing 88p a kilo at Bookers Derby and was in fact the most expensive sugar there.

PH

Just checked local one online, 25Kg currently £14.99 = 60p/Kg. Limited to 5 bags per customer. Possibly clearing old stock prior to price hike?

Not at our local bookers,that one you deal with is much to expensive.

Not at our local bookers,that one you deal with is much to expensive.

Its traditionally been at the normal 53p ish price, only gone up very recently. Point was that if I'm seeing 60p, and Poly is seeing 66p then your local one may not be far behind. I believe the weather caused a shortage of beet collected this last winter (or so my disgruntled farmer friend tells me).

Its traditionally been at the normal 53p ish price, only gone up very recently. Point was that if I'm seeing 60p, and Poly is seeing 66p then your local one may not be far behind. I believe the weather caused a shortage of beet collected this last winter (or so my disgruntled farmer friend tells me).

Poly is seeing 88p for the bigger bags,which takes it to £22 a bag.

Yup.

In fact Bookers blew it for themselves today as their bacon has shrunk per pack, and gone up. Further the last lot we bought from them has been so wet we are literally pouring money down the sink!

So on our run to Bookers we happen to pass another C&c's and todays project has been to do some cross costings..... very interesting it is too.

Our Bookers shopping list is going to be considerably shorter, and we are talking as much as £1 per item. With a weekly bill as high as £300 we are a bit taken aback but hey the bees have pushed us into action.

PH

Will have to keep an eye on Bookers price hikes.

Just checked local one online, 25Kg currently £14.99 = 60p/Kg. Limited to 5 bags per customer. Possibly clearing old stock prior to price hike?

Gone up overnight to £16.69 (66p/Kg). May have to do a panic buy on Saturday:driving:. Not much cheaper than their budget "Euro Shopper" 10x500g for £3.49 (70p/Kg)

Latest posts

Back