Wow, price of sugar.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Price of sugar

Great article this one, I am pleased I searched sugar prior to making an entry. I was about to post a question on the same subject:)

I have just paid 79 pence per kilo up from 69p (Home Bargains) earlier this year. I have been feeding my nucs for a couple of weeks and have noticed my full colonies are now eating the honey stores before I have stolen any from them.

I tried Poundworld only to be informed they no longer stock sugar due to the price increase.

If you go into any food store like Asda, tesco, Morrisons etc. Tell them you are looking to buy burst bags of Sugar you will get it at the same price, or around 25p a bag.

Some may not do it due to health and safety, but they will give you a nod and a wink thats its left outside by the bins...free & bagged up waiting for you. :sifone:

If you explain its for the Bees they will bend over backward to help. They love to help wild life, they have people come and collect all the old apples/pears/bread/carrots etc for horses and they give it away free to them

I wish . . . . .
Local Morrisons just not interested when I spoke to them today. :smash:

free in tesco today. 15kg of it in split bags.

A poke with a pointed object works quite well.........:rofl:

I once saw a forklift driver total a pallet of sugar at a Morrisons distribution centre and then try to blame the truck driver for bringing it in like that. Unfortunately it was before I had bees otherwise I'd have been out with my bucket and shovel.

Costco sugar is 71p/kg at the moment that's a 50% increase from last autumn.

It's T&L granulated and comes in packs of 15x1kg.

Latest posts

Back