Still significant mite drop after OA

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because Fridays is fish?

James
Only if you are Catholic
Only lazy post elightenment catholics - originally there were three meat free days a week, and unless you lived in a coastal community, were a monk, or were rich, you were lucky to get any fish at all apart from maybe Good Friday

Many years ago I worked night shifts and my parents found in incomprehensible that we had a full roast dinner at 3am Monday morning
Actually, that was the "Sunday" roast!
Why only a Sunday.
My parents found it incomprehensible that after night shift we went to the market early house and had several pints. Would often come home with a ridiculous amount of mushrooms.

What an example of a post loosing its direction. Not to be out done, Friday is fish day in this house. At least you know what day it is :)

What an example of a post loosing its direction. Not to be out done, Friday is fish day in this house. At least you know what day it is :)
:biggrinjester:
I'm sure Lizzie doesn't mind. She had her answer and she's following advice.
And what of Wednesday? Wednesday's child is full of woe

Ah-Ha as long as they keep it to just wednesday thats fair enough........... :)

No you can keep going. I did 7 one year before I gave up and put in Apivar. I counted in excess of 7K mites. Counting them became an obsession. I’d never seen so many. There’s a thread somewhere here.
I'm still going! and still have drops of over 100 mites 24 hours after the vape.

I switched to using a Sublimox now and the next treatment will be the 4th (spaced by 5 days). This is after 5 treatments using a gas~Vap.

So up to 9 and still not fall in mite count. Should I switch to MAQS?

thanks

LD

I'm still going! and still have drops of over 100 mites 24 hours after the vape.

I switched to using a Sublimox now and the next treatment will be the 4th (spaced by 5 days). This is after 5 treatments using a gas~Vap.

So up to 9 and still not fall in mite count. Should I switch to MAQS?

thanks

LD
yes keep going at five day intervals

If you like counting then yes.
I gave up counting as a futile task, I now only vape 4X every 5th day and then call it quits. Though I have gasvap, I prefer the pan type.

Last edited:
Please use some common sense here. The NBU advice is an average of >10 mites drop over 7 days is just about ok whereas >100 mite drop over the same period suggests viability of the hive is in doubt.

If you work to these figures which no one is challenging then you will have answered your own Q. If you're seeking a different answer then keep asking, one will turn up eventually they always do! Then stop following the weight of advice and see the results next spring.

What I’m not clear on is if agter vaoing I get a note drop of 100 after 24 hours BUT then <10 until the next vape 5 days later, is that OK to leave them??

I’m having the same problem I just keep vaping on Number 6 now had about 70 mites 24 hours after last vap 🤦‍♂️

Latest posts

Back