• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Spare Mated Buckfast Queen available

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beeline

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Short story is that my duff Queen is .....well......not so duff :rolleyes:, as I discovered tonight. Don't know how large patches of drone brood can simply disappear and be replaced by worker brood within 2 weeks. I must be losing it.

So I ordered a mated Buckfast queen which is arriving tomorrow. If anyone is in desperate need and happy to collect (location just south of Guildford) please PM me. Otherwise I'll just pop her into a small nuc.

Pop her into a nuc she will serve you well and always good to have a spare

I'm just starting out, just up the A3 from you, so easy to pop down, return boxes etc. If you had any way to make her up with a few attendants and a frame of brood or so as a mini-nuc I'd be delighted to pay an appropriate price.

Last edited:
Sorry, she went into a small nuc this afternoon and I've offered it to my young daughter to manage as her own. Small and manageable.

Given the number of charged Queens Cells we're all finding in our colonies, try putting out a swarm bait box.

Latest posts

Back