Sausage, Bacon & Honey Rolls

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
currently 5 hives & 3 nucs
Sausage, Bacon & Honey Rolls are certainly very popular in our house.....and are easy to make.

(I also discovered this morning that freshly cooked chipolata's dipped in honey are delicious !!!)

Sausage, Bacon & Honey Rolls

Pre heat the oven to 220c (fan oven 200c), 425F, Gas7

Ingrediants:

1oz butter
1 med onion chopped
2oz smoked streaky bacon finely chopped
1lb pork sausage meat
1 tsp chopped fresh sage - I used dried
1 tsp chopped fresh thyme - I used dried
2 tblesp clear honey
salt & pepper
13 oz frozen puff pastry - thawed
beaten egg to glaze

Method:

Melt the butter in a small pan. Add the onion and cook until soft but not browned. Remove from the heat and mix in a bowl with the sausage meat, bacon, herbs and honey. Season and chill until you want it.
Roll out the pastry to an oblong approx 10" x 18". Cut the pastry in half lengthwise. Divide the meat mix in half, and roll, or fork into a roll, to fit on the pastry pieces. Dampen the pastry edges, and fold over to seal the filling. Slash the tops with a knife, and cut each piece into 8-12 pieces depending on how big you want your rolls. Glaze by brushing the tops with a little beaten egg.
Lightly grease, and dampen the baking tray (by flicking small amounts of water from your fingers across the tray,) and transfer the rolls onto the tray. Bake in a hot oven for 15 - 20 mins.
Cool on a wire rack.

Latest posts

Back