Sales

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I managed to resist the temptation myself still but ordered £200 worth of gear for the teaching apiary. It's the thrill of a bargain...... 🤣

I stocked up in Spring but I've been disappointed with the frames, more knots and warps in the last pack of fifty than I've ever had before. Usually it's the odd side bar with an awkward knot but these are DN5 top bars, I picked out ten bars and found seven of those were bad enough that I wouldn't put them in a brood box so used them for supers instead. Warped sideways, one like an S, a hump, a dip and also some twisted. Really hoping the rest are not the same.

Collected a few hundred (Dn4) + wax yesterday, made 100 up and all seem fine and dropped into supers ready to go on some units today.

Nice people, great service.

Collected a few hundred (Dn4) + wax yesterday, made 100 up and all seem fine and dropped into supers ready to go on some units today.

Nice people, great service.
Blimey that must be some hive you have if you need "a few hundred" frames for it! 🤣

Having not ordered from any Maisemore sale previously, could anyone enlighten me as to the longest they have had to wait for an order of them?? Are parts made to order or held in stock I wonder. I have emailed but they just said they were very busy.

I’d phone and chase but the best you get is we’ll mark your Order as chasing! I wouldn’t be ordering anything from any supplier in these snap summer type sales and expect it soon!

They have placed the order on the chasing pile. I would imagine most orders will have now been moved to the chasing pile though, given its been 4 weeks.

They have placed the order on the chasing pile. I would imagine most orders will have now been moved to the chasing pile though, given its been 4 weeks.
It's best to plan ahead with sales... And beekeeping in general. Use them as an opportunity to buy what you'll need for the next season rather than for getting stuff you need imminently.

I rang up after a week they said could be four weeks put me on chase and came in two days

Latest posts

Back