Russian Athletes - Doping Conspiracy

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlievictorbravo

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
2 - 14x12
Those of you who like a good conspiracy should have a read of this.

I spent three hours yesterday and today reading Professor Richard McLaren's second report to the World Anti-Doping Agency. It's a fascinating read and although the Russians developed a nearly foolproof system of getting round the WADA regulations, they had not factored in the possibility of one of the main conspirators blowing the whistle on the whole thing. The doping system was developed by the Russian government because Russia had such a disappointing medal tally at the Vancouver Winter games in 2010 and it operated from 2011 to 2015.

If you've got the time, have a read - it all seems very soviet/cold war! I wonder who's got the film rights?

CVB

Just to be controversial, I think were fooling ourselves if we think russia is the only one at this. There seems to be a huge anti russian bias in all the news lately, not saying what they do is right but the rest of the world is far from angelic.

Yes, each chapter seems to follow the pattern of lecture preparation -
  1. Tell 'em what you're going to tell 'em
  2. Tell 'em
  3. Tell 'em what you've told 'em

CVB

That's in case you've just forgotten what you read and......... to justify his fee.
He can't just write "they falsified the results and swapped bottles and drilled holes in walls and lied".

Just to be controversial, I think were fooling ourselves if we think russia is the only one at this. There seems to be a huge anti russian bias in all the news lately, not saying what they do is right but the rest of the world is far from angelic.

Spot on

I'm sure you can find instances of doping anywhere. I sure you can find organised doping within a sport in a country. I sure you can find state involvement.

However with Russia:
A doping regime that: crosses sport boundaries(discipline and type), large teams and involves agencies not normally associated with sport ( e.g. state intelligence agencies) is the unique bit.

In the U.S:

entire teams(e.g. NFL or baseball ): yes, entire sports: yes, Cross sport: No Government involvement: At least money going to Congress

China: unknown at the moment but they've done it all in the past just like russia but thought not to be organised across sports . Currently thought to be moving away from it because its not cost effective

Uk:
entire teams : probably no , entire sports:No but some sports do not test enough .e.g. football

Last edited:

As far as the doping is concerned, you need a state-run system to dope athletes on the scale that Russia did. That state would of necessity not have a free press. Do we know any other countries like that?

Of course there will always be doping on a small scale but what Russia did involved the collection, testing and storage of thousands of "clean" urine samples of hundreds of athletes, with the Deputy Sports Minister deciding who would be protected from sanctions. I don't see how Russia can be let back into international sports competition for the foreseeable future.

I feel sorry for the young promising Russian athletes who were pressured into taking these drug cocktails by their coaches then paid them for protection from sanctions and now cannot compete internationally.

Whatever happened to Glasnost?

CVB

Just to be controversial, I think were fooling ourselves if we think Russia is the only one at this. There seems to be a huge anti Russian bias in all the news lately, not saying what they do is right but the rest of the world is far from angelic.

It's not controversial.
  • Germans are too closely linked to / (>50%) East_Germans
  • The Yanks are only caught when they get over confident. :patriot:
  • Ausies always beat us at swimming too

Not sure about China either, but with it all being big business now the amateur status thing has long lapsed.

Latest posts

Back