Rspe dregs

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonnybeegood

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
We had a large field of rape very close to me last year, i dont think there will be any nearby this year but when that field was harvested i walked around it. & noticed lots & lots of seed around the edges that was spilled , is this likely to grow this year? Am i likely to see large swathes growing wild now? The field was later ploughed & grass planted for silage so a lot of this seed may have been ploughed in.

Sorry about the misspelling, small buttons, large thumbs :-(

Last edited:
Anyone had any experience of rape fields the year after it was grown ?

If in the field any new plants will be sprayed off so as not to compete with the crop that has been planted - usually wheat after rape but in this case grass. You do see self set plants on field edges but won't amount to much

I have seen a few plants on the roadside verges, but nothing to get excited about.

Yes ive seen a lot on motorways, possibly seed spilt in transport, there was a lot last year in places.

Along side roads I would think it would be charlock.as for there being no rape in the area this year bees will go a fair way, it is safer to assume there is some rather than have it set in comb.

Latest posts

Back