Returning bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikeb123

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
If you needed to move a hive and closed the entrance up at night when it's dark would there be bees that stay out over night and return the next day?

Bees stay out over night?.............bunch of tarts!...lock them in after dark you won’t have a problem.

My bees party hard I'll have you know! I just didn't want to be that bad landlord everyone talks about 😂

If you needed to move a hive and closed the entrance up at night when it's dark would there be bees that stay out over night and return the next day?

yes - a few often stay out, become almost torpid in the cold of the night then when the sun warms them, they perk up and go back to the hive

My Native Cornish black bees must stay out all night foraging... by the copious amount of honey they are stashing away!

Chons da

Back