Ratnieks a no insulation and winter ventilation advocate

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pargyle. I have serious sleeping aphnea disease, and I cannot use alcohol.
It is so nise to read your posts every second day.

You will remain into internet history as
a "Mr Makes No Sense". MNS syndroma.

You've misunderstood the data Finman.])

I do not mind even if it is barrels...
It makes no diffence.

Babies and school shildren included.... Shots

Heh heh he. You are better. Big nation, big tolerances.

Last edited:
Rather I think you've misunderstood his consumption - 3.2 litres a day (compared to our 3.2 shots?)

The figures quoted were average usage, so, there will obviously be a variance in the consumption among different demographic groups.

I think the alarming figure was that of Russia 17.28 * 50 = 864 ml / month for every man, woman and child!

Isn't it time we put all of these alcohol jibes behind us now? Some of us are on this forum to talk about bees

You've misunderstood the data Finman.
Finland = 3.19 * 40 = 127.6ml
UK = 3.01 * 25 = 75.25ml

Mr smart. Look at total alcohol consumption. It is actually same in boath countries.

But I can quarantee that we Finnish do not call foreign people alcoholics.
It is not a national game to us or way to rise up our miserable EGO.

Look at total alcohol consumption. It is actually same in boath countries.

Quite possibly, but, the information given suggests that Finland consumes about 1.5 times that of the UK.

Finland = (3.19 * 40 * 5,498,211)/1000 = 7,015,710.7236 ltr
UK = (3.01 * 25 * 64,430,428)/1000 = 4,848,389.707 ltr

I have taken figures from the CIA World Factbook (https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/uk.html) as my estimate of population as this is quite up to date.
Of course, I don't know what year the information on alcohol consumption quoted by DerekM was for.

Last edited:
But you have 31 sheep/100 inhabitants.
We have only 2/100 inhabitants.

You are always good.

You've misunderstood the data Finman. l

Of course. I do. But I can learn via google. You can do too.

Mostly alcohol consumption is calculated against 15 y old person.
There are registered alcohol consumption and non registered. Non registered is for example home made and brought from outboards.

In Britain registerd consumption was 2013 9.4 litre / 15 y old person. (pure alcohol)

Same figure in Finland 2015 was 10.8 litres.

Finnish consumption is 15% bigger than in UK.

In Finland eastern Finnish people drink 3-4 fold more than in western Finland.

Alcohol is biggest death reason in working age in our country. It is top of western Europe.

Alcoholism is the only national disease which's trend is going up. Modern medicine cannot help them.

If some one want to makes jokes about that sad situation, I do not keep that idiot worth to answer.

One alcoholic person whirls his/her whole family, friends and officials all the time . About 20 persons are wondering and quarding , what heck will happen next.

That is enough a good joke in to be in that carousel, and no beekeeping forums is needed to to make this situation more funny.

Last edited:
Dear Mr Palmer. When you have friends in Americas, do you have a habit to call them alcoholic once a week, because you really do not get another idea into your head. Or do you restrict that greeting only to foreign friends?

We don't call each other names and certainly be so rude as to mention sheep. No good excuse Fin.

We don't call each other names and certainly be so rude as to mention sheep. No good excuse Fin.

Hope I'm not insulting your intelligence Michael, but perhaps there's a cultural dissonance going on here.

Jokes about Welshmen and sheep are as old as the hills, this side of the pond.

Exactly like Paddy being stupid, and Jock being mean.

Taffy is also a thief, by the way :)

I'd be amazed if any of our Welsh brethren would have taken specific offence here.

Alcohol is a slightly different thing, because it doesn't have any of the comic absurdity of a whole nation of men being more or less attracted to sheep.

I could be wrong.

This really isn't the place for such offensive behaviour anyway.

At least I have kept it as pure stupidity. I can see that any feedback does not have affect on those glass balls.

Last edited:
And so boring and predictable it verges on pathetic :)

Well if I said it, or if someone else from these islands said it it would be predictable. Thus not funny.

But to me, a man from Finland throwing that one out, is hilarious. A bit of a left-field cultural reference. I laughed out loud, to be honest.

We all know the sheep thing is not true in any meaningful way.

Even though the same kind of national stereotype thing is at play, making a remark about an individual's alcohol consumption is a bit more tricky, I think. Especially when you're constantly baiting him anyway.

Just an observation. No offence intended.

Pargyle. I have serious sleeping aphnea disease, and I cannot use alcohol.
It is so nise to read your posts every second day.

You will remain into internet history as
a "Mr Makes No Sense". MNS syndroma.

Finnie ... I haven't said ANYTHING about your drinking for months ... I think some of your posts are indicative of a serious disorder of some sort and certainly the volume of them would suggest that you have little time left to sleep ...

But just leave me out of it please ...

Why drag me into it ? I've not mentioned YOUR alcohol consumption for months ?

[

pargyle; said:
Finland, Minnesota ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finland,_Minnesota

Famed for it's production of 120% proof Vodka - Lots of people go there to try it but are usually unable to remember who they are let alone where they have been ....

I cannot find from wikipedia any vodka story.

I you invented it yourself, like many other lies, what you have told about me in this forum, Mr Pity.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back