Query on Horsley Boards

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveJ

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I'm planning on trying a Horsley board this year, due to the limited space on the apairy.

The instructions I've seem say place the horsley board entrance on the opposite side to the main entrance. Is there any problem in placing them at 90degrees to each other?

Regards
Steve J

I'm planning on trying a Horsley board this year, due to the limited space on the apairy.

The instructions I've seem say place the horsley board entrance on the opposite side to the main entrance. Is there any problem in placing them at 90degrees to each other?

Regards
Steve J

I would have thought- quite a large increase in drifting?

If the instructions say to the back then to the back it goes.

90 degrees would be too close to the original entrance.

PH

Regards
Steve J
Ivor Cury uses a similar board .
He has the entrance of the top box pointing in the same direction as the bottom one . He swears he has never had a returning mated queen enter the wrong box :)
VM

Back