Queen rearing

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I've always preferred a hands on approach to learning...learning by doing. Less keen on learning by numbers, eg bullet point chapters from a book, which although great for background, doesn't suit (my) all styles of learning. So are there any recommendations for practicalcourses/trg on queen rearing? And what are peoples experiences of stepping into diy world of QR...positive/negative; and if a long timer, would you do anything differently now?

I've always preferred a hands on approach to learning...learning by doing. Less keen on learning by numbers, eg bullet point chapters from a book, which although great for background, doesn't suit (my) all styles of learning. So are there any recommendations for practicalcourses/trg on queen rearing? And what are peoples experiences of stepping into diy world of QR...positive/negative; and if a long timer, would you do anything differently now?
Yes look to the Apiarist and his website for a simple no nonsense approach to QR. He did a presentation that was on the Tube to Cambridgeshire beeks earlier this year but it has been taken down now. Excellent presentation on how. So good I'm doing it next year.

Latest posts

Back