Queen of the Sun

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK So I start from the position of only having seen the trailer and read something about the film on 2 parts of the web.

Typically you put some of the most interesting elements of your film in your trailer to provide the audience with a flavour of what your film is about. Images, comments, and acknowledgements that show your product in the best light, something representative of your whole film.

Ok so it takes around 2 minutes 20 seconds of the trailer before I see a beekeeper wearing a suit near a hive. I'm sorry I have had to put with ***** men trying to persuade me that they are the bee whisperer. You know the film's tone when without any hint of irony I think hear one fool with a tache state that the bees choose the beekeeper.

Apart from this sick bag inducing, ego stroking bollo*ks, nothing but stock imagery and tired old information about pollinators being lost appear in this trailer.

If you are in the market for a bunch of beardy weirdies (typically male and late middle-aged) all trying to convince you that they are 'real beekeepers' and are special (in many ironic ways too) then this film may be for you. eco disaster twaddle.

Of-course, I have formed my opinion on the trailer provided by the film makers that, I can reasonably assume, shows off a representation of the content of the main film.

To be honest I am now in fear that this will end up in my Xmas stocking as another piece of beekeeping tat I get yearly from my extended family of friends...

Sam

To be honest I am now in fear that this will end up in my Xmas stocking as another piece of beekeeping tat I get yearly from my extended family of friends...

Sam

That last sentence tells me a great deal about your character and shows as much a dislike to your generous friends and family as you have done to the weirdie beekeepers.
This film may be twaddle, if it is move on, no point getting all het-up about it.
Cant' really understand all this defensive rhetoric. :eek:

Beeforest,
Ever since I became a beekeeper I have been inundated with bee associated tat from friends, family, work colleagues, and casual acquaintances. You know the sort of things I mean; mini beehives by the bagful, plastic bee honey dispensers, wax molds in the shape of skeps, and a variety of sauce bottles shaped like a variety of incredulous and tenuous bee objects. Books, ties, socks, cake moulds (for one of the worst cooks on the planet), and dvd's of brother Adam.

It gets a little much in the end...even the charity shop cannot consume this many 'specialty' offerings that easily.

Not that I seek these gifts or forget to appreciate the meaning of them. It's just sometimes it would be better if those who cared spent their precious money on themselves.

So there is every reason to fear this film appearing in the future.

I hope that you have a lovely weekend of beekeeping,

Staying calm always,
All the best,
Sam

Sam, You have my deepest sympathies.
Our family dispensed with such exchange of goods quite a few years back, we make charity donations now.
If it's one thing that we learn as we get older it's that we just do not need so much stuff! The most important gift, commodity (call it what you will) is TIME!
I guess that it's a thread that unites us beekeepers -a quest for time, peace, simplicity and a chance to feel some kind of connection with nature.
Some Beeks may take it too far (possibly like the ones on the film) but really we have more in common than we'd like to admit.
Thank you. I will enjoy my beekeeping this weekend, it will be mainly observation from outside the hive as I have completed my first inspection this week.
Enjoy yours too. :)

Oi! Give me back my thread!:boxing_smiley:

Well, it seems after this thread has been live for a couple of days - one person on this forum has seen this film. Surprising really. Or perhaps no-one wants to admit to being a sandal wearing subversive!

Will let you know what it's like Brosville and Warts.

I'd love to watch it but I'm not paying 20 odd quid. Shame

I'd love to watch it but I'm not paying 20 odd quid. Shame

Yes, had a quick look on their site and there are no public screenings in Norfolk - shame. Three screenings in the southeast though. One day after the other. Perhaps they only have one tape!:laughing-smiley-014

Back