Queen emerged 29th/30th July. Not seeing any signs she's around

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OutStanden

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
Trying to figure out with my emerged Queen made it.

It's been 2 weeks, I've not spied any eggs when quickly looking at a frame or 2. The Bees don't seem overly agitated and were pretty calm when I was having a look, but then they always have been.

I took open brood that was in the larvae stage and placed the frame into the Hive 2 days ago. Had a quick check of that frame. No Queen cells were starting to be drawn on that frame. It looked pretty much the same as when I placed it in. Not sure if there is a virgin in there somewhere. Any advice to confirm?

it's been two weeks, you shouldn't have been fiddling in the hive until at least four weeks after you think she emerged.
You would be very lucky to have a queen laying already, especially this year

Trying to figure out with my emerged Queen made it.

It's been 2 weeks, I've not spied any eggs when quickly looking at a frame or 2. The Bees don't seem overly agitated and were pretty calm when I was having a look, but then they always have been.

I took open brood that was in the larvae stage and placed the frame into the Hive 2 days ago. Had a quick check of that frame. No Queen cells were starting to be drawn on that frame. It looked pretty much the same as when I placed it in. Not sure if there is a virgin in there somewhere. Any advice to confirm?
Too early. Leave them another fortnight
I agree with Emyr. Wouldn’t be treating yet

Hmm ok, strips have been in 2 days I think. Remove them or leave them as is now?

Hmm ok, strips have been in 2 days I think. Remove them or leave them as is now?
Time to sit on your hands I suggest. If you take the strips out having given the mites a sniff of the chemical you promote resistance. I'm not sure why strips are considered a suitable treatment when other non resistance forming treatments are available. Personally I avoid them.

Latest posts

Back