Propolis removal

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
After a couple of days of indulgence and before an eagerly anticipated expedition to God's county (Norfolk) I decided to give the Hilux a good clean.
I have a lot of stubborn propolis stains on the paintwork.
Has anyone found an easy way to remove them without causing damage to the paintwork?

Last edited:
After a couple of days of indulgence and before an eagerly anticipated expedition to God's county (Norfolk) I decided to give the Hilux a good clean.
Has anyone found an easy way to remove them without causing damage to the paintwork?
Have you tried t cut

IIRC Isopropyl alcohol will dissolve propolis and should not harm the paint, but it will remove any protective wax and polish.

I didn't realise that vehicles needed washing (apart from God's blessing)
If I spent all my time removing bee related products off my truck, there wouldn't be much else left!
Agree - was the six monthly jet wash after visiting some fields which were a bit boggy.

Latest posts

Back