Predictions for 2016...based on now.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Often it seems to be over British Isles. But in two days those low pressure centres move from Britain to Finland.

I agree, it often meets in the south west, about two miles from here, then moves north east, usually missing the south east completely, it then moves across to the Netherlands and Denmark before moving on to the Finland.

Well, chinese honey is from one of the most polluted countries in the world, and local honey is the thing for hay fever. I never bought any chinese honey even before I kept bees.

First, sorry for off topic..
One man told me that his friend come to him and said he bought excellent and cheap honey. He said that he first bought one jar, then after trying it turn back and buy 5 jars more. About 1 euro each jar (720ml-950grams). It wasn't worthy to explain him that it is inverted syrup or God knows what.. He was blinded with his "success".. That is unfortunatelly reality.

With the numbers of amateur beekeeperers giving up as not being able to afford the high costs of Apipoxall oxallic acid trickle or the £39 licence per colony... or being throw into jail for illegally procuring oxallic acid..... and the subsequent massive loss of bee colonies due to Varroa......

there is no future!

Yeghes da

Do you Guys and Girls really have to pay £39 per licence per hive? What an absolute Fuxxxng rip off!! i imagine theres tons of hives not declared!!!

One man told me that his friend come to him and said he bought excellent and cheap honey. He said that he first bought one jar, then after trying it turn back and buy 5 jars more. About 1 euro each jar (720ml-950grams). It wasn't worthy to explain him that it is inverted syrup or God knows what.. He was blinded with his "success".. That is unfortunatelly reality.

However. China is a leader on global markets and commands the prices.

Inverted sugar has no aroma.
In Philippines it is popular that bees process "honey" from sugar cane juice. Juice has 15% sugar.

Last edited:
I never bought any chinese honey

And you know this for a fact?

Well ... I think it's going to be a good year .. I checked my magic stones this morning

I check mine every morning, sometimes two or three times a day - if I'm really busy I try to get SWMBO to check them for me (she thinks they're magic too :D)

Do you Guys and Girls really have to pay £39 per licence per hive?
No - it's just the hand wringers wetting their knickers about a new piece of legislation designed to help combat drug dealers and terrorists - it's been around since the 1970's and has just been tweaked a little to make it more workable. We don't have to licence any hive.

jenkinsbrynmair;51374 No - it's just the hand wringers wetting their knickers about a new piece of legislation designed to help combat drug dealers and terrorists - it's been around since the 1970's and has just been tweaked a little to make it more workable. We don't have to licence [B said:
any[/B] hive.

Phew thats a relief, so there is some common sense in the uk then!!
Oh yea, magic Stones, but also matchsticks, their the best!!

Last edited:
Do you Guys and Girls really have to pay £39 per licence per hive? What an absolute Fuxxxng rip off!! i imagine theres tons of hives not declared!!!

That is true.... if you are a hobby beekeeperer and want to buy oxallic acid at a non profiteering Biopoxall rip off price to tip over your bees.....subject of another thread!

Yeghes da

Last edited:
I predict 2016 will start with heavy colony losses due to varroa and starvation, thus increasing nuc/colony prices. The weather will be good early in the season but turn rubbish during July and August.

AND there will be yet another year of low honey yields throughout the British Isles... no wonder Mann Lake have the Union Flag inverted on the front of their glossy catalogue!

Yeghes da

With the numbers of amateur beekeeperers giving up as not being able to afford the high costs of Apipoxall oxallic acid trickle or the £39 licence per colony... or being throw into jail for illegally procuring oxallic acid..... and the subsequent massive loss of bee colonies due to Varroa......

there is no future!

Yeghes da

I would be interested in buying colonies at the right price.

For 2016 a similar year to this would be very nice.

Good honey crop, low swarming, big hives, problems came and went without to much fuss and bees and beekeeper very happy and looking forward to more of the same.

Famous last words.

You have to move upmarket to a more discerning customer base.

For 2016 a similar year to this would be very nice.

Good honey crop, low swarming, big hives, problems came and went without to much fuss and bees and beekeeper very happy and looking forward to more of the same.

2015 was very different in our area. Swarms galore, which kept swarm collectors very busy, and a very low honey yield because the weather has been pants. Some beekeepers were feeding their colonies from June onwards, just to keep them alive.

2014, on the other hand, was very good except for a poor late season crop. I wouldn't mind a repeat for 2016.

2015 was very different in our area. Swarms galore, which kept swarm collectors very busy, and a very low honey yield because the weather has been pants. Some beekeepers were feeding their colonies from June onwards, just to keep them alive.

2014, on the other hand, was very good except for a poor late season crop. I wouldn't mind a repeat for 2016.

Same for me.

Back