Possible bee's nest in my house??!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairycamel

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi all. I'm not into beekeeping (although I do love my REAL honey, not that blended stuff!) but I need some advice please! It appears that we have a nest of insects in our house! We can't see them and we can't see any entry or exit points but whatever they are, we can hear them! I phoned a pest controller who (as I thought) said they are protected and that one of their staff would ring us back - they haven't! As I'm sure there are some experts here, maybe someone can offer some advice - when I thump the wall in our bathroom, there is a mass of loud buzzing that quickly subsides - I got my wife to thump the wall whilst I looked in the loft - the noise was clearer and louder but no sign of them - I think they might be between the insulation and the ceiling boards. If they are bees, I don't want to have them destroyed as, heaven help us, our bee population has had a tough time but if anyone can offer advice I would be very greatful!

I'm in Ashorne, just up M40!

where, in Banbury are you?

Oh - thought they were protected. So will they eventually just leave ratcatcher? I'm guessing that as they aren't aggressive like wasps, they will just do their own thing and not be a danger to us or us a danger to them?

I've sent Priv message!

Take a look outside try to see where they're getting in, there's a good chance they will be foraging close by. That will give you a closer look at them & a better chance of identifying what bees you have.

Techno phobe alert - how do I access priv message!? Lol! That's the thing though Martin - we aren't seeing any activity outside - very mysterious! Only started in the last 3 days or so - maybe queen was wintering in our loft?

Back