Poly Miller Feeder

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As title. Do these need painting inside?
The swienty ones do, the abelo ones come pre painted, in fact the abelo ones are superb imho whereas the swienty ones need a bee space and painting. The maisemore ones are 500mm by 500mm and come unpainted but are so thick I haven't bothered painting them and have suffered zero leaks so far, they actually make a good economic lid/feeder coupled with a gravel tray, but my preference is the slightly more expensive but robust and ready to go abelo offering.

abelo ones come pre painted
True, but until recently the paint was poor quality and wore away quickly; recent paint is better.

swienty ones need a bee space
Yep, and shows that the whole hive was designed as TBS; only later did Swienty decide to compete in the UK BBS market and add box runners, but without converting the feeder mould. Nine design flaws make this the worst practical hive.

my preference is the slightly more expensive but robust and ready to go abelo offering
Agree, by far the best for any standard BBS National hive, wood or poly. I found it can be used to do five different jobs.

Thank's gentlemen.
I am getting g so many drowned bees in the 2 litre rapid feeders I've used for 15 years I thought I might try something else. I like the idea of Murray's feeder full of straw and syrup too.

Thank's gentlemen.
I am getting g so many drowned bees in the 2 litre rapid feeders I've used for 15 years I thought I might try something else. I like the idea of Murray's feeder full of straw and syrup too.
Are you able to post a photo of the rapid feeder central cone please?

Latest posts

Back