• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

poly hives on sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VEG

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
15+-some
Just seen an ad in the january bee craft mag. Painz are having a sale from 26th dec and full poly hives and other bits on sale.
Hopefully admin will allow the picture of the ad as I know quite a few will be interested.

:( Prices gone up since October.

Prices of the nucs have. Was the full size hive on offer in October?

Yes, was £82, the nucs seem to have increased more than the hives. Glad I got my order in and didn't wait.

:( Prices gone up since October.

Yeah, in September we bought two 14x12 nucs for:
Subtotal Amount : £60.00
Discount : £0.00
Delivery (Fedex Express) : £6.50
Tax Amount : £11.30
Current Total : £67.80

Are beehives like sofas - always on sale?

This is odd, as I rang them about a month ago to be told that they wouldn't be including Poly hives in the sale.
Wonder why they changed their minds, although maybe the lady I spoke to was simply wrong. Ah well.

Are beehives like sofas - always on sale?

I look our companies. At least one company tells that poly hives are sold out.
It means that they do not want to fix money in a store over winter.
It is May, when guys actually need them.

I'm looking to get some 14x12 brood frames and some super frames, not sure whether to wait untill the thornes sale or go with paynes.
I always seem to buy and then they are cheaper a week later somewhere else!!!

Paynes had a one-off crate of slight seconds Poly stuff advertised on Facebook - this morning I had 2 roofs, a feeder and a 14x12 brood box for £40. Sadly no floors...

thats not fair as lots of people don't have a facebook account. and don't actually want one either.

By my reckoning, the stuff that was 'advertised' on Facebook was 2 roofs (painted), some lightly used feeders (some painted, some not) and a few 14x12 brood boxes with dings.
They were surplus to their requirements but not good enough to sell due to the painting and/or some minor, cosmetic damage.

I was first to rummage through the crate bagging 2 roofs, a good 14x12 and a good feeder. The next chap had 4 items too by about 9am so they're probably all gone now.

Now you just need some bees:icon_204-2:

and JBM you are just being mischievous

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back