plant identification

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like red campion - if you meant the one in flower!! Are your bees working it?

Thank for the replies, bees not touching it, at the moment they are working the clover

Is it also called 'ragged robin'?

No.. just googled. I am way off the mark.

Is it also called 'ragged robin'?

No.. just googled. I am way off the mark.

Yes and no!

Yes you're way off and no, ragged robin is well, more ragged!
Shorter too and not as prolific in my garden!.

Planted loads of red campion last year, bumbles are all over it.

Flipping Bumbles are over EVERYTHING. Never seen so many. The warmer winter helped those queens through.

Time to plant Bacopa to replace then. Honeys love it. Spreads massively too.

Time to plant Bacopa to replace then. Honeys love it. Spreads massively too.

Ditto poached egg plant - which is out now and covered by H bees.

I think it is Herb Robert - not Red Campion. Flowers are similar but leaves are quite different.

I think it is Herb Robert - not Red Campion. Flowers are similar but leaves are quite different.

No it's not, you are putting the wrong leaves with the picture! The leaves that look like herb Robert are not a pert of the plant with the read flower. Its campion!

No it's not, you are putting the wrong leaves with the picture! The leaves that look like herb Robert are not a pert of the plant with the read flower. Its campion!

:iagree: definitely campion, and even the leaves in the background are nothing like herb Robert, I'm afraid. Far too robust, herb Robert has a dainty leaf and a dainty flower!!

Back