Philistine?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hombre,
I'll bet he was a G7??
Being a G3 ofcourse I may well have put it to good use.
Stephen.
G3MII
Bet you didn't pass the 12 words per minute send/receive Morse test ?:svengo:.

John Wilkinson .
G4WIL 73s --... ...--

Qrz reveals what one wants it to reveal.
It does not tell you that I am a member of the Radio Officers Association.
Nor does it tell you that I served on a Ship that had HMS infront of its name.
or that I was down in the South Atlantic on that Ship.
But I am,was,and my Discharge book proves it.
Cheers,

OK, off topic a bit but does G3 not denote having passed the morse test these days? Or was it just G4s who were tested for morse?

Being a lowly G6 (but with 'distinction' in that little 'multiple guess' exam I took many years ago) and not being active at the moment, I am a little out of date.

Regards, RAB

OK, off topic a bit but does G3 not denote having passed the morse test these days? Or was it just G4s who were tested for morse?

Being a lowly G6 (but with 'distinction' in that little 'multiple guess' exam I took many years ago) and not being active at the moment, I am a little out of date.

Regards, RAB
As a G6 ,you have been a Ham for 25 years+,therefore you should know full well the criteria regarding the morse test ??
John Wilkinson.

Qrz reveals what one wants it to reveal.
It does not tell you that I am a member of the Radio Officers Association.
Nor does it tell you that I served on a Ship that had HMS infront of its name.
or that I was down in the South Atlantic on that Ship.
But I am,was,and my Discharge book proves it.
Cheers,
QRZ automatically records all bone-fide call sign details (unless you choose to with hold said details) Any extra information is down to you as you have the option to post what you like inc' photos.:).

John Wilkinson

As indeed I did John,I just hope that the photo did not do damage to your screen,There is a beekeeping net held on 80mtrs on a Sunday @7.45-8-00am start,3.722.Not sure if I mentioned it before,G3EDM is the controller.
Regards,
Stephen.:)

Regards, RAB

well some did not have to sit the exam at all as if you had the post masters certificate in radiotelephony(marine) you could well have been exempt,as happened to several Radio Officers.
Things have now moved on and as long as you hold a FULL licence,ie.G3,4,5,6,7,8,M1and M0 and the eqiv if you are in Scotland wales Etc.
.M3(restricted by power to 10wts.) you can use all bands inc Hf,
hope this helps.
Regards,
Stephen.
Regards,
Stephen.

As indeed I did John,I just hope that the photo did not do damage to your screen,There is a beekeeping net held on 80mtrs on a Sunday @7.45-8-00am start,3.722.Not sure if I mentioned it before,G3EDM is the controller.
Regards,
Stephen.:)

No longer QRV on 80 :(. I have a Kenwood TS 530 SP but can't get up to my antennas these days, still, hamsphere and CQ100 are both excellent v.i.o.p. programs, dedicated to and restricted to Radio hams :). They both feature brilliant interactive pseudo-transceivers :cheers2:.
Apologies to all for being off topic in an off topic section :hat:.

John Wilkinson

No problem..............if I'd understood a single word you were on about I'm sure I would have enjoyed it :rofl:

Frisbee
TO UNDERSTAND GRASS_HOPPER YOU MUST WEAR AN ANARACK AND BE A TONY HANCOCK FAN!! :grouphug:.

John Wilkinson

Stephen, the M6s and G0s feel a little left out. I was previously a military telegraphist of a good many years standing and am now a G0.

O90o, as a G6, then you will presumably have received a new licence document around December 2006? At which time a lot of the rules changed.

Victor, you are more than welcome to be off topic in this off topic thread. Shame about the QRT situation on 80m. Sounds like you need a powder monkey to get up the mast and sort things for you. Hi.

Frisby, It's all subversive code, I'm sure you would enjoy. _._ :)

Not being practiced in the art, transposition from such a script is a lot more difficult than than reading the tones and using oral skills. :)
_.. ___ _.__ ___ .._ _.. ___ ._ .._ ._. ._. ._ ._.. ..__../.._._ .... ..

The art is getting the spacing right. Easier to encode than to decode because it more closely follows what is done in normal use. :)

Normally listening, you don't have to keep an eye on where in the string you are.

__... ...__

I LOOKED UP AURALISE. LETS SEE WHO CAN TRANSPOSE THIS

Now I remember why I pulled out of my courses back in the '70's. QRM :)

QRM?
HIGHLIGHT THE MESSAGE
See morse needn't be difficult. :) QRM gone.
Is that better spacing? ha ha.

-.-- . ... - .... .- - ... -... . - - . .-. --..-- ... .... .- -- . .- -... --- ..- - - .... . ... .--. . .-.. .-.. .. -. --. - .... --- ..- --. ....
hahaha-024.gif

Latest posts

Back