pellet fuel

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamant

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
I see the adds in the catalogs on pellet fuel. is it the same as stove pellets ? Is the use pellets for guys that need there smoker to burn for a few hours like working in there big yards? I find that pine needles work fine for me because I only need mine to burn for a short period of time.

I tried smoker pellets, were difficult to keep alight... not sure what you mean by stove pellets?
I now use Hessian sacking used to wrap ceramic pots and statues in from our local garden centre... easier to get than the Donkey poo!

Pine needles sound just fine!

Rotten leafy tree wood is good. Stumps are often good. When you try different cases, you see which works. It is important that burning does not make tar. Extra tar/smoke is poison and gives aroma to the honey.

Rotten birch is best.

No one knows what pellet imply.

Last edited:
In Finland pellets have been made from waste wood like saw dust or slices. They are pine wood.
I cannot see anything which makes is suitable to smoker.

There may be different sorts, the ones I've seen are cotton waste (from the ginning), which are said to have a very clean white smoke.

Latest posts

Back