Peek a Boo..

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 National Hives & 1 Observation Hive.(Indoors) & lots of empty boxes..
Few days ago I noticed what I thought were earth worm holes in garden...

but they looked more like mini mole hills...

Looked at one today and saw something move at the entrance...

I now have cramp and a damp bum from sitting on the grass for 20 mins to get some pics...

Excellent photographs, thank you for sharing. I think a new screen saver is called for...2nd photo !

Very timid things.... Slight movement and they went back inside..

I think there are five holes altogether....

The closest is less than a metre from a hive.................. which was another hazard endured getting the pics....

Tawny mining bee?
Love that last picture

:iagree:

There seems to be a lot of talk about these colourful little ladies this year. I have certainly noticed a few of them on my dog walks.

Have I just missed the conversations in the past or are they going all "Fraggle Rock" and mining their way up from the centre of the earth to take over the world??

Got one coming back from doing the shopping.

didn't Kaz start a thread about these a few days ago?

Two or three people have seen them in walls etc...

Tonybloke'

A lot of it going on recently - ambushing the thread and trying to start it again, as their own.

Regards, RAB

Tonybloke'

A lot of it going on recently - ambushing the thread and trying to start it again, as their own.

Regards, RAB

I reckon we should start a new forum section on "different types of bee" with all this stuff goin on @ the mo LOL.

Ben P

Cant see that anybody has ambushed my thread:seeya:

Cant see a thread anywhere in which Kazz (or anybody else) has said she has bees digging holes in her garden... somebody has some in a block wall...and somebody said they saw some in Cromer......

If you want everybody to follow the principle of not starting a new thread on a similar subject there would only be one thread covering the last week of how many people have lost or killed a queen as opposed to the how ever many there are....

Afraid I dont have time to waste on being picky and grumpy.....

Cant see a thread anywhere in which Kazz (or anybody else) has said she has bees digging holes in her garden... somebody has some in a block wall...and somebody said they saw some in Cromer......

If you want everybody to follow the principle of not starting a new thread on a similar subject there would only be one thread covering the last week of how many people have lost or killed a queen as opposed to the how ever many there are....

Afraid I dont have time to waste on being picky and grumpy.....

http://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9569

Lovely pics Dishmop, thanks for sharing. Just ignore all the grumpies on here!

You lot ..... Lighten up!:smash:

Latest posts

Back