Paynes sale query

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ByneaBees

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
Paynes have been in contact :

Yep , the stock levels weren’t matching the actuals.

There will be a lot that will
Be disappointed 😢

Last edited:
Hi,

Has anyone else had their orders refunded ? I ordered 4 Nucs and ekes and today on the despatch of order have now been refunded back.😳

They were ordered in an hour or so of the sale , can’t understand why the delay of refund/notification, especially on the date of despatch . All in one day ,

Anyone else experienced this ?

Thanks BBees
You should contact Paynes. I'm sure you will get an eplanation
This is what I got from them today.....

We are about half way through all the orders so we expect another week to be fully completed but we are all working to fulfil them as soon as possible.

The response from the sale has been incredible. We sold 24,000 items in the first 4 hours and that increased to 48,000 items within 12 hours. That relates to 4-6 months of stock we had in the warehouses gone like that. The comments and feedback about our closure we've received too has been heartwarming so thank you to everyone for those too. It was a hard decision to make but things like that certainly does make it easier.

You should contact Paynes. I'm sure you will get an eplanation
This is what I got from them today.....

We are about half way through all the orders so we expect another week to be fully completed but we are all working to fulfil them as soon as possible.

The response from the sale has been incredible. We sold 24,000 items in the first 4 hours and that increased to 48,000 items within 12 hours. That relates to 4-6 months of stock we had in the warehouses gone like that. The comments and feedback about our closure we've received too has been heartwarming so thank you to everyone for those too. It was a hard decision to make but things like that certainly does make it easier.
This what I got also

. Looks like a lottery as to what you’ll get compared to what was ordered.
Some of their stock taking was obviously awry. I haven’t got everything I ordered either but it doesn’t really matter does it? We all piled in for a closing down sale.

I still haven't heard anything and have a horrible feeling that everything I've ordered will have gone by the time they get to it. If so it'll be nothing lost, nothing gained and my bank account will be happier.

Just had an email to say that half of my order has been despatched and that the other half if being prepared - I wonder whether these items are just unavailable and I'll receive another email in due course...

Just had an email saying my order has been dispatched. I appear to have got off lightly - the only thing missing is some square tins, sum total £1.

Definitely a win on the foundation front! Do wish I'd bought some of their beeswax though.

Just had an email saying my order has been dispatched. I appear to have got off lightly - the only thing missing is some square tins, sum total £1.

Definitely a win on the foundation front! Do wish I'd bought some of their beeswax though.
Great - does it suggest that this is to follow/still being processed?

Great - does it suggest that this is to follow/still being processed?
Nope. Apparently that's my order in full... Although when I go into tracking it suggests that those are still being prepared rather than being refunded so who knows.

2 of the 4 poly nucs i ordered got refunded everything else was there.

At what point were you informed of the refund?
If you are concerned either drop Robin an email or give him a ring on Monday - they really are the most responsive beekeeping supplier ... I added to my original order and sent them an email at ll;00pm to ask if they could add it to the order and I got a reply from Robin at nearly midnight to say he had sorted it ... I don't think they ever sleep !

If you are concerned either drop Robin an email or give him a ring on Monday - they really are the most responsive beekeeping supplier ... I added to my original order and sent them an email at ll;00pm to ask if they could add it to the order and I got a reply from Robin at nearly midnight to say he had sorted it ... I don't think they ever sleep !
Ditto, though it was Roger in my case

Back