Paynes poly nuc - how to fill the feeder when full of bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we are genuinely confused, as you seem to have gone to a lot of trouble to invent something which already existed, and was available for just a few pounds, as Erichalfbee has already pointed out? The rapid feeder she provided a photo of does indeed allow you to see how much syrup is left, and how actively the bees are feeding. Don't they have these in Australia? Here is a link again in case it helps to explain our confusion:

RAPID FEEDER - Paynes Bee Farm - Beekeeping Equipment

EDIT: Here's one on Austalia's version of eBay, for example:

Beekeeping 2L (4 Pint) Rapid Bee Feeder | eBay
I am not trying to invent something "new".

I said in my original post that for those who are working within the restrictions of a tight budget, or for those who enjoy DIY, then this is a way to make a feeder for almost zero cost.

Equivalent feeders which I have seen at beekeeper equipment supply places cost in the vicinity of $20 each.

I am not trying to invent something "new".

I said in my original post that for those who are working within the restrictions of a tight budget, or for those who enjoy DIY, then this is a way to make a feeder for almost zero cost.

Equivalent feeders which I have seen at beekeeper equipment supply places cost in the vicinity of $20 each.

Ahh, OK, fair enough. I can see them for $9.50 (£5), but there's nothing quite as satisfying as making something yourself I am sure! I wouldn't know, I am useless at DIY.

Latest posts

Back