Pakistani Bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sir Quej

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
3 (hopefully)
So I was called today by a Pakistani gentlemen who keeps bees in Pakistan. He was over in the uk for a couple of months and wanted to visit a uk apiary while he was here. I had to explain to him that uk bees are locked up and bedded down for winter at this time of year.

I'm sure that the Climate in Pakistan means that bee keeping over there is a year round hobby but our fabulous british climate is slightly different to that....lol

I gave him the details of my loval association anyway and told him to ring them.

So I was called today by a Pakistani gentlemen who keeps bees in Pakistan. He was over in the uk for a couple of months and wanted to visit a uk apiary while he was here. I had to explain to him that uk bees are locked up and bedded down for winter at this time of year.

I'm sure that the Climate in Pakistan means that bee keeping over there is a year round hobby but our fabulous british climate is slightly different to that....lol

I gave him the details of my loval association anyway and told him to ring them.

My Bees are still flying as if it were spring :hairpull:

Mine too and bringing in loads of pollen. Great idea about trying to contact beekeeper s in a country you are visiting though!

depends on where in pakistan you are there are areas that have harder winters than most of europe. and hotter summers than southern europe to so the beekeeping would be more difficult i would think.

not sure if beekeeping would be a hobby there more likely a way to either get more food or money by selling surplus honey and other products of the hive.

not sure if beekeeping would be a hobby there more likely a way to either get more food or money by selling surplus honey and other products of the hive.

It's not really a hobby for that many here either. Same as growing your own veg on an allotments isn't a hobby - not by my definition of hobby at least.

My Bees are still flying as if it were spring :hairpull:

The temperature has dropped a bit up here in sunny Leeds. I havent seen my bees out at any of my hives for a good week now. Saying that though, we did have a mild day this week but I was working all day so maybe they were out then.

Mine come out for half an hour when the sun gets on the hive but blink and you miss it!

Plenty of Apis cerana flying about in the hills around Islamabad when I was there a few weeks ago. Seemed friendly enough when helping them out of our drinks!
I think that October/November is the main honey harvest for them with more in late spring before the monsoon.

The temperature has dropped a bit up here in sunny Leeds. I havent seen my bees out at any of my hives for a good week now. Saying that though, we did have a mild day this week but I was working all day so maybe they were out then.

The weather forcast here for the next week is between 9-13c. Most days its been up to 12c. Cold nights but day time when its not been raining has been hot for this time of year. I hefted my hives yesterday and it looks like i may have to put some fondant on around December if they keep flying like this.

Latest posts

Back