oxilac acid (disadvantages)

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dead rate of bees rise some after hanling

Why is that.

Do you know of any research papers, that state 3 or more doses of oxalic acid causes no harm at all to queen bee's.
I would be interested to see them, if you know of any.

Last edited:
yes but, it does not make permanent damages to bees. Researchers in Finland knows that.

As far as I know, no damages have been reported on queens.

Hi Finman, where can I find this research, in English if possible please.

Contact researcher Seppo Korpela in Finland. He is a member of
European varroa group. - if you seriously need that information. don.t try kick me to arse. You will not succeed.

The answer is that beekeepes have many year old queens in their hives. Korpela has 2 year old queens and he has handled his hives twice during 4 years.

Last edited:
Thank you - bit touchy aren't you - and inappropriate.

"Contact researcher Seppo Korpela in Finland. He is a member of
European varroa group. - if you seriously need that information. don.t try kick me to arse. You will not succeed."

Brings back applicable phrase much uttered by adults in my youth

"you'll need ninepence bus fare to get back"

in old money that is!

I just told to you what Seppo Korpela told to me 2 weeks ago.

I am just tired on UK persons nonsence talking. I don't remember how many years i have teached british beeks to handle varroa. There are much persons who learn newer. There are something defaults in their basic chemistry.

Yes, thank you, but where has he written it in his or other scientific research. I have searched on the internet and there is a heap of information.

If you know where researchers in Finland have stated it (oxalic acid treatment) does not make permanent damages to bees it will save a huge amount of time ploughing through experiments and research.

Thank you for your observations on the UK population's psyche. I look forward to the specifics.

Regards

Yes, thank you, but where has he written it in his or other scientific research. I have searched on the internet and there is a heap of information.

If you know where researchers in Finland have stated it (oxalic acid treatment) does not make permanent damages to bees it will save a huge amount of time ploughing through experiments and research.

Thank you for your observations on the UK population's psyche. I look forward to the specifics.

Regards

i don't know. Ask himself if you really want to know it.

You find from google Korpela's coordinates. but I think that you are just whipping your nice mouth.
I am toggling here my mobile. I cannot serve you.

Korpela has nursed bees since 15 y and is now 63. He studied in California university beekeeping. He is our only beekeeping researcher.

Last edited:
By 'summer', am I right that would include a bit into autumn?

Yes

BTW, the booklet gives several ways to reduce varroa, other than using medications. They are cheap but need effort and practise. I hope you consider them all and get prepared (before the season starts) to be able use some, as you will not know when you really might need something other than oxalic acid.

Regards, RAB

Reading that link now and it is very informative. I will be reading it again before the season starts as their seems to be some good ideas for varroa treatment.

BB

I see there are revolting little ticks in Finland too.

I will take my search elsewhere but thank you for your answers, which illuminate why residents here remain in ignorance of your teachings.

Good day sir.

I wonder what I did to BBG.
OA makes or full moon.

I found a research done 2007 in Greece. link Sciverse efficacy of repeted trickle......

It was done four successive treatment to hives after every 16 days period.
Method was trickling with 4,2 % OA.

It was found that no poor colony growth or queen losses.

Is it wrong that when I read Finmans posts I visualise the Russian bloke on the space station in the film Armageddon. Slightly pissed and rumpled but smart enough to be an astronaut.

Using Hivemakers link I read that and saw that it comes from ScienceDirect.com There are actually 10 articles there that refer to beekeeping and Oxalic Acid. May find it useful, here they are:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleListURL&_method=list&_ArticleListID=1621756894&_st=13&_sort=r&sisrterm=beekeeping&searchtype=a&originPage=rslt_list&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=3d0976a0937ba17b7b552d5294ae96d5

Last edited:
Thanks to Russians they brought sosialism to green men of planet Marsh.
( link Moscow Movie Industry)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back