Overwintering poly nuc

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Top insulation, no gaps, holes in crown board, OMF floor as it says on the tin (OPEN :)) and the hive raised a reasonable amount off the ground and there shouldn't really be a problem

Typo there I just realised! - should read no gaps or holes in crown board :D (could hear the rumblings starting when I was at the apiary!!)

Eh ?

These marked differences in approaches to beekeeping are due to Derekm's theories being based around a single physical parameter (to the exclusion of any others), whereas Bush and Manley are basing theirs on hard-won experiential knowledge gained over decades, and a lifetime, respectively.

LJ

Most of beeking doesn't appear to understand basic heat and mass flow in air filled cavities as evidenced by the quote of M Bush.... So how on earth they are going to make sense of the rest of the physics let alone the bee behavior. as

I dont add the rest the of the complexity of phase changes on this forum as that would blow some peoples minds all together.

Bush and Manley's experience is set in a very high heat loss environment which distant to the bees natural habitat (or even skeps)

If you dont understand the box how are you going to understand what the animal is doing with it?

M Bush, clearly doesn't at least in that quote...

Last edited:
Thanks Finman & Jenskinsbrynmair. Great info and alot for me to think and act on here. Cheers.

Latest posts

Back