Organic products make us less kind

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

domino

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Apparently research has borne out my own anecdotal evidence. People who buy organic food really do believe they are morally superior, are far more judgemental and less helpful.

As this is published in the paper and is a scientific study it's a fact and anyone who suggests it isn't is probably in the pay of Abel&Cole and shouldn't be trusted.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/health/378346/Organic-products-make-us-less-kind

It isn't buying organics that make them like that. Some people are just arseholes whether they buy organic to make them look superior or not.

Sent from my XT615 using Tapatalk 2

How many large veg boxes were you given to try and discredit this important study? Corporate shill.

Come on : you can surely do better than that...

That's feeble by the abuse standards set on this forum.. a two paragraph rant is the norm following by a whinge about people picking on you.
:)

That's feeble by the abuse standards set on this forum.. a two paragraph rant is the norm following by a whinge about people picking on you.

You forgot the eight paragraph cut and paste and the indigestible link.

I'm keeping my powder dry until that corporate mouthpiece Monty Don gives evidence to some random group of MPs.

Apparently research has borne out my own anecdotal evidence. People who buy organic food really do believe they are morally superior, are far more judgemental and less helpful.

As this is published in the paper and is a scientific study it's a fact and anyone who suggests it isn't is probably in the pay of Abel&Cole and shouldn't be trusted.

Well,perhaps I should conduct a personal experiment--just live on ready meals and fizzy drinks for a week and see whether it makes me more humble and nice.

I stopped using Abel and Cole in protest at their choice of honey supplier.
"Organic" honey from Bulgaria. It told me they were more concerned with style over substance, as a nice local honey produced on a small scale would be higher quality and fewer food miles.

But now I realise I was just being judgemental.

Methinks you jest .... inflammatory rubbish ... the study was carried out in the southern states of america ..

"a team at Loyola University, New Orleans, found.Lead author, Dr Kendall Eskine said"

The only thing the UK has in common with the US is a language (and not much of that) ... don't tar us all with the same brush please.

:nono:

Well,perhaps I should conduct a personal experiment--just live on ready meals and fizzy drinks for a week and see whether it makes me more humble and nice.

John

It would certainly make you larger...

As this is published in the paper and is a scientific study it's a fact.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

No, but seriously... This study makes the usual 'bad science' mistake of confusing connection with causality. The result could show that eating organic food makes you self-centred; that being self-centred makes you eat organic food; or that there is something that makes it more likely that you will be self-centred and eat organic food.

Like being rich for example... ;)

Abel and Cole were despite the cosy name were bought out by venture capitalists.

Any organic yoghurt knitter worth their salt would know to give them a wide berth.

Abel&Cole... ORGANIC ? ... Delivered by diesel choking trucks... honey brought in from Bulgaria...... grow your own is the best advice!

Abel&Cole... ORGANIC ? ... Delivered by diesel choking trucks... honey brought in from Bulgaria......

All that as it is, they are still organic, diesel driven or not, if the cartel the Soil Association says you are (for a fee) then you are.

Latest posts

Back