Odd thing happen yesterday

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbie & Jans Bees

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi all an odd thing happen yesterday, we have had a very small hive with three frames of bees and a last year queen. I notice on wed eve quite a few bees going in and out looks like they were robing. Oh well never mind? Went up to cut grass on Thurs and thought have a quick look to my surprise the hive was full to bursting with bees every frame had bees on them the empty super was full of bees and the roof had 4 new coombes hanging off it. The old queen was also in the hive.

I check my 12 hives and they were all as normal any ideas???

Robbie

:nature-smiley-013:

I feel very lucky

Was your old queen the only queen in there? If so I reckon a swarm lost theirs and......any port in a storm! Possibly! No other explanation.

Was your old queen the only queen in there? If so I reckon a swarm lost theirs and......any port in a storm! Possibly! No other explanation.

There is !
PM sent... but got an Internal Service Error notification.. so possibly not:hairpull:

:sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry:

I got the same notice - is this a sign of sin? what sort of activity constitutes sin? I was trying to respond quickly thanking people offering really useful advice, seemed to be on the 'light' side of life.

D its not me you need to say sorry to her in doors want's your head on a plate?? Ha Ha I have been up to apiary your boxes look ok, when are you going to collect.

Drstitson No queens clipped.

Enrico could be that although we check them yesterday and we could no longer find the old queen. But they have filled 12 brood frames with stores and pulled out 8 of the 12 2nd brood box I put on Friday??

Thought my mating nuc bees had absconded to your hive..... a colony may have "lost" its queen and moved in...
Hope they pay you back in honey for the B&B !!!

PM sent

Latest posts

Back