• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Nuc or Colony Wanted Medway

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beesand

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
13 Hives, 7 Nucs
Hi

I know its very late but I wonder if anyone has any surplus nucs or colonies available for sale in the Medway area?

If I were in your position I would leave it till next year that way you wont have to get it through the winter.

I have just put a deposit down on a hive of bees, I could have walked away with them there and then but the Beekeeper advised me to wait until spring let him have the hassle of getting them through the winter.

Take Veg's advice and leave it until next year.

Thanks for the advice, I'll leave it until Spring and focus my attentions on getting my exisiting hive through the winter.

Get your hive through the winter and split it early next spring. Its a lot cheaper and you know the stock!!!
E

im looking at reducing my numbers of hive from 25 to 5-10, so if you still interested in getting another hive of bees, give me a bell or pm .

Hi, I'm definitely interested but have decided to wait for the spring before getting another one. My partner and I both planned to buy a nuc each back in May from the guy who taught us on the basic beekeeping course but unfortunately only one nuc became available so we're having to share. In fairness it's not a bad thing as it means we're helping each other and learning together but it makes nurturing our one hive through the winter even more critical.

Next spring, definitely wait for then.

If you'd like a local colony, we're in Faversham, and by spring, will have stock to go.

Hi There,
I am a new starter and making preparation for a spring start-up of an empty hive (one of 2). So interested to purchase a colony from you? When would be the best time to populate the new hive?

Kind regards, Ray Copeland (Rainham, Kent)

Next spring, definitely wait for then.

If you'd like a local colony, we're in Faversham, and by spring, will have stock to go.

Hi There,
I am a new starter and making preparation for a spring start-up of an empty hive (one of 2). So interested to purchase a colony from you? When would be the best time to populate the new hive?

Kind regards, Ray Copeland (Rainham, Kent)

Hi Medway

This post is in the '2011 nuc wanted' section you should try the 2013 one.

:) good luck

Latest posts

Back