November activity 😳

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
16c Saturday and 15c yesterday, here in Surrey. Had a flow on. Loads of yellow pollen. Big traffic jams at entrances, became bigger when a backlog of orientation flights kicked in.
A lot of pollen identification charts have OSR pollen down as bright yellow. I stumbled across a small field of OSR 200 mts from my hives yesterday.
IMG_20231119_113830.jpg

Last edited:
Our marriage has survived but describing colours has always put a strain on it. Technically, I am colour blind, but I have little experience of that away from colour blindness tests;
Our marriage has survived too but hearing has always put a strain on it. Technically, I think I am sure I am not deaf but there are subtle differences between not hearing, not listening and ignoring. As long as she thinks I am deaf it suits me fine. If I get hearing aids I will have no excuse.

perhaps it is mustard
Build a bridge, knock on the farmer's door and ask: one day you might be sick of bees at home and want an out-apiary. Check out the land first on Google Earth, so that you have an idea of the spot you want (secure, good access, invisible, wind shelter) rather than what might be offered.

Our marriage has survived too but hearing has always put a strain on it. Technically, I think I am sure I am not deaf but there are subtle differences between not hearing, not listening and ignoring. As long as she thinks I am deaf it suits me fine. If I get hearing aids I will have no excuse.
Flat batteries happen 😀

if they are hives you could find out if they are abandoned .you might just drop on ..go for it nout to loose by asking.
one place allways leads to another ..

Build a bridge, knock on the farmer's door and ask: one day you might be sick of bees at home and want an out-apiary. Check out the land first on Google Earth, so that you have an idea of the spot you want (secure, good access, invisible, wind shelter) rather than what might be offered.
He already has 25 hives, managed by a guy at my local association.
Also, I have an out Apiary, 600 mts in the opposite direction, in an abandoned orchard.

Latest posts

Back