Not Bee related

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always laugh when doctors check my medical records. I had my full quota of tetanus shots (they only give 5 now) before I was 17. They won't give me any more due to the risk of anaphylaxis to the tetanus shot.
I know of one person who died of septicaemia after squeezing a spot with dirty hands so when the reaper comes for you, forum medical advice may not help. If you feel ill you need to go to the Doctors or A&E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I always laugh when doctors check my medical records. I had my full quota of tetanus shots (they only give 5 now) before I was 17. They won't give me any more due to the risk of anaphylaxis to the tetanus shot.
I know of one person who died of septicaemia after squeezing a spot with dirty hands so when the reaper comes for you, forum medical advice may not help. If you feel ill you need to go to the Doctors or A&E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

When in the RAF I was on "Emergency Standby" , we were given TABT Shots... Tetanus and Anti Bubonic... Two of my mates had a car accident and taken to hospital, they were given tetanus jabs...one died the other survived(just).. We were then given "Inoculation History" booklets to carry with us ...they contained advice for medics NOT to give tetanus jabs to us... another of "our" gang had a nasty fall, taken to hospital another close encounter after they refused to read the notes, luckly he survived...

Hallelujah i squeezed the hole in my hand today and this shot out like a bullet with instant relief hopefully no more daily squeezing the puss out :)

IMG_3382-001_zpsu6frnl2h.jpg

Hallelujah i squeezed the hole in my hand today and this shot out like a bullet with instant relief hopefully no more daily squeezing the puss out :)

IMG_3382-001_zpsu6frnl2h.jpg
Was it the full 5m, or just the 100mm in the photo that was stuck?

From what I've read and heard, Detol and TCP are no-nos for wounds as they damage the flesh at the wound edges and hinder healing. Salt solution works for us and our dogs. If I'm wrong PLEASE tell me because I don't want to mislead other people or me.

Neat Detol yes. My mother always used it diluted. I never had problems and as I said I was a dirty much-injured little boy. I am now 71 and prospering.

Was it the full 5m, or just the 100mm in the photo that was stuck?

Looks more like twenty millimetres to me. 100 mm is four inches in christian units.

Painful but like a lot of us country folk Millet survived ☺

Last edited:
Looks more like twenty millimetres to me. 100 mm is four inches in christian units.

Painful but like a lot of us country folk Millet survived ☺

I think it was a reference to him removing the tape measure from his hand, rather than the splinter ;)

I think it was a reference to him removing the tape measure from his hand, rather than the splinter ;)

Think what battles were like in the days of oak ships... think Trafalgar .. Deaths from septicemia following splinter wounds - often 10-50cms long - were common.

Think what battles were like in the days of oak ships... think Trafalgar .. Deaths from septicemia following splinter wounds - often 10-50cms long - were common.

Now its red hot shrapnel or if hit by the infamous MOAB, just a bit of vapour....

I'm told many of those splinters were gained in the Pacific islands by removing nails from the ships. The island girls would trade sex for iron, it got so bad ships were literally compromised.

That is why British Tars hated serving on captured Dutch ships - most of them were built of teak which splintered a heck of a lot more than oak.

I've been told I have a dry sense of humour; It looks like it's due an oiling.

Latest posts

Back